Galaxy S in for repair! "Not Registered on Network" Error - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Galaxy S in for repair! "Not Registered on Network" Error

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    MrSkiba will become famous soon enough
    Level

Unhappy Galaxy S in for repair! "Not Registered on Network" Error

I must be one of the very unfortunate ones as I couldn't find anything related to this issue on the Galaxy S, only other Android 2.1 devices. But very peeved that I've had to revert to my ooooold Samsung E900 while its in for repair. (missing my superAMOLED )

My phone, yesterday morning just kneeled over and said "Not Registered on Network" when trying to make an outbound call or text and wouldn't accept incoming calls. It was displaying the Operator fine on the lock screen but a cross where you would normally see your signal. I confirmed with my operator that the Sim was reporting in and everything looking OK. Tried a different operator sim and same thing occurred.

Trying absolutely everything that was suggested- resetting, sim cleaning, factory defaults, leaving battery out for 10 minutes, switching to 2g network, driving to a different location to see if it'd pick up, I gave up.

Being optimistic however, I thought to leave it overnight for the magical glitch fairy to appear and correct it, to my disappointment it was the same story in the morning. So I called Samsung Tech Support, and to my amazement I didn't get fed the 1st line tech support bull that I'm used to from big companies like Samsung, only told to take the phone to my local repair centre.

My thoughts is that its a firmware issue (which was IF3 before you ask - value the warranty too much really to be flashing it just yet). However I'll be interested on the outcome and whether it was a hardware error or whether they up the firmware. The reason for the thread however is to ask if any other Galaxy S owners (or variants) had the same issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Member tragic is on a distinguished road
    did they say they will give u a replacement whilst its out of action?

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Level
    Nope, didn't even think to ask. If it was being repaired under my operator then I'm sure it would of been an option, since its under basic Sammy warranty, I didn't think it would qualify

Achievements:
    Level
    Got the phone back today - apparently it was blacklisted - the joy. This is why we don't buy phones off eBay kids. I've reported it back to my operator who is looking into it and why it was blacklisted.

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    SoSik is on a distinguished road
    So does your phone work? I bought my phone off of craigslist and it doesnt have a signal, it comes and goes, I live in vegas and I get good connection. It also doesnt show my carrier and says everything you stated when I try to make a call.

I came from the T-Mobile MyTouch to the Galaxy Vibrant and this is happening. I guess this guy scammed me...so...I'm trying to make it worth it and try to fix it. EVERYTHING else works perfectly fine.

Also, does your phone work after you took it into a shop? This guy also ripped off the barcode in the back so what can I do from there?

Junior Member kennymcq is on a distinguished road

black listed

Hi did they un black list it ?i got my one of evilebay.

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    jgrimm5 is on a distinguished road
    I am having the exact same problem. After searching the internet I thought I was the only one having this problem. I bought my captivate from an ATT store. It worked flawlessly for about a month, then for no apparent reason it just lost signal. I get the "not registered on network" error. I went away after about an hour or so and I was able to make calls and text again. About a week later the same thing happened again. This time it lasted about 2 days. It happened again about a week ago and has not worked since. It seems to happen after I have turned the phone off then back on. I called ATT and they had me try a few things including doing a factory reset. Nothing worked. They are supposed to be sending me a replacement. I have been without a cell for a week now. I really hope this is an isolated problem. I really like this phone. I don't know anything about this blacklisting thing. I wouldn't think I am on that since it worked intermittently. I just thought you might like to know that you are not the only one having this problem. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen.

Junior Member tmartin368 is on a distinguished road
    have the same issue. bought phone from c-list. PLEASE HELP! can this be fixed?

I sent the phone to samsung to get fixed - they sent it back and said they reset it. they did not mention any black listing...

tmobile will not honor their warranty replacement because I did not buy the phone from them...

help

10. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information