Thread: no internet

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class
    musomaniac is on a distinguished road
    Level

no internet

hi guys , another question for you all , my samsung galaxy s2 has been unlocked as stated in another thread , everything works fine while i'm in range of my wifi in the house , but when i go outside i cannot connect to the internet , any ideas please ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Achievements:
    Level
    i'm wondering wether or not this has anything to do with t-mobile , even though i have unlocked the phone and it works with my virgin sim , the procedure i followed in the other thread on unlocking did not de-brand my phone .

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by musomaniac View Post
    hi guys , another question for you all , my samsung galaxy s2 has been unlocked as stated in another thread , everything works fine while i'm in range of my wifi in the house , but when i go outside i cannot connect to the internet , any ideas please ?
    Quote Originally Posted by musomaniac View Post
    i'm wondering wether or not this has anything to do with t-mobile , even though i have unlocked the phone and it works with my virgin sim , the procedure i followed in the other thread on unlocking did not de-brand my phone .
    Hello,

You may have trouble with your APN settings. If you got to:

Menu > Settings > Wireless & Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > you should see 2 entries, one for MMS and another for Internet.

(if you have 4.04 or 4.1 Android) Menu > Settings > More Options > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names >

If you cannot see 2 options or one of the options are WAP then your settings need adjusting.

Google the following "T-Mobile UK APN Settings", this should bring up a site which has the info you need to create a new APN for the internet.

To create a new APN, in the APN screen press the menu button and then Add New APN.

Achievements:
    Level
    thanks tufftoad i eventually phoned virgin , and they talked me through a myriad of settings within the mobile networks bit , i had to change at least 8 different things and save it , everything works fine now .

Just another question when i'm here ----------- is ics or jellybean the latest rom , and would i be able to load jellybean if it is the latest now that my phone is unlocked , i'm not sure if it is rooted , does it have to be rooted to be unlocked ? sorry for all the newbie questions

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    ICS is the latest Android version for your model phone but Jelly Bean should be released in Novermber, this is the official way.

You can install a custom rom based on the Jelly Bean firmware (as I have done with my S3).

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information