Cannot Install Google Play Store, help !!! - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cannot Install Google Play Store, help !!!

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    julien16091973 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Cannot Install Google Play Store, help !!!

I bought a Galaxy S3 I9308 ZLMH13 from my operator China Mobile and for some reasons it did not come pre-loader with Google Play Store. I am desperately trying to install it, got some app from some mirror sites but it does not install. Has anyone an idea where the problem comes from and how I could download it ? Thanks so much if you know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    You don't have the Google Play as Google have blocked it in China.

I don't think you'll be able to install unless you change the CSC on your firmware. If you change the CSC to Europe then you will most likely get it...but then your phone may start to play up.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    julien16091973 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    thanks & yes, I thought about that.

What is that the CSC ? Iand if you know how to change ? I need to try, cannot simply have this phone and no apps ... In case you know, glad to get your advice.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by julien16091973 View Post
    thanks & yes, I thought about that.

What is that the CSC ? Iand if you know how to change ? I need to try, cannot simply have this phone and no apps ... In case you know, glad to get your advice.
    The CSC is the code given to the region your phone belongs in. If your firmware has a multiple CSC file then you can change it.

To change a CSC you will need to factory reset the phone, it's a part of the process and cannot be avoided.

The CSC should contain a number of CSC's for various areas, and is known as a MultiCSC. So to change to the correct region we first need to know the IMEI number of your phone. Go to the dialer as if you were going to make a call and dial *#06# and this will show your IMEI number. It will be a 15 digit code. Write it down very carefully.

Now dial *#272*Your IMEI# but replace the words "Your IMEI" with the 15 digit code you just wrote down. So for example you would dial something like *#272*213245765434567#

You will get a list of CSC's to choose from. You should select "XEU" and click install. Your phone will probably reboot now and you might need to set the keyboard type and location stuff again.

Edit 1: I'm not sure hw to check if you have a Multi CSC installed.

If you cannot change the CSC on your current firmware then I would suggest rooting the phone, backing up everything and then installing new firmware which has a multi CSC.

Edit 2: found this: Play Store Hack Lets You Use All Google Play Services Even In Restricted Regions! - Android Soul
    Last edited by Tufftoad; 10-05-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0%
    emeari is on a distinguished road
    Level
    1) I entered my IMEI number as instructed and got the following message "Preconfigured UI does not support single CSC". Does that mean I have the multi CSC?

2)If I change the CSC will I lose all my photos, music, preinstalled apps, apps etc?

3) What's the best way to back up my files? (My samsung sync account isn't syncing properly for some reason by the way)

I have a Galaxy, model number GT-S7562i (dual sim)
    Last edited by emeari; 12-01-2012 at 02:31 PM.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information