Car mode activated randomly now causing problems - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Car mode activated randomly now causing problems

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    NealFitz is on a distinguished road
    Level

Car mode activated randomly now causing problems

Hi All,
    Yesterday for no reason my phone started activating a "Car Mode" feature draining the battery into nothing even after its fully charged. the screen is also rotating even when i have auto rotate off and is also starting freeze. it keeps connecting and disconnecting into Kies via USB despite the USB not even being plugged in. i have had the phone just over 12 months now so it must be the Gingerbread platform. anybody any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Hello, one of the easiest options is to remove the battery for about 15 minutes then replace and turn on. For some reason this can solve a lot of problems.

Updating the phone's firmware (Operating system) should help, if you can connect the phone to Samsung Kies on your PC without the USB causing trouble then give it a go.

The other option is to factory reset the phone, this will mean that you lose settings, installed apps and their data etc (unless rooted and backed up).

Achievements:
    Level
    Hmm that only worked for about an hour now the problem has manifested itself again. tried to update the phone to the latest version of android but it cannot find an update. there's another year left on this contract dont want to have to buy another one and still have to pay for this one

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    It's pretty easy to install Android 4.0.4 and if you get the right firmware it won't validate your warranty...if it still counts. If you don't mind losing the warranty I would recommend 'Rooting' the phone, this will allow you to backup everything before installing new firmware.

Updating the software on the phone should solve the problem.

Dial *#1234# and report back the result.

What exact model phone do you have?
    What Country are you in?
    What network carrier is the phone locked to? or what network simcard is in your phone?

Achievements:
    Level
    I went into the Phone settings and asked for a software update but it keeps saying there are no updates available. is there another way of getting it onto the phone. the phone is a galaxy s2 and i am in northern ireland. the carrrier is o2

Achievements:
    Level
    disregard the comment about software update i got it sorted through Kies. lets hope its a solution

Achievements:
    Level
    Yeah, Samsung Kies is the official way of updating your phone. Hopefully will solve your problem.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    Maddog1974 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    ALso sounds a bit similar to what i had back in April: (Quote from my old post) phone has been fine to this day though :-)
    ------------------------
    I was getting that message sometimes also, then it got worse and eventually was a pig to get to charge or if i unplugged the charger it would still show charging. Also my phone would stay turned off and it was the micro usb port that was dirty. Used an inter-dental 0.5mm toothbrush with some alcohol hand wash to give it a good clean and after an hour or so all was fine and has been for 4 days now.... Might be worth another scrub if the flash doest cure it!

Towards the end i was getting other problems with 'Car kit mode enabled' and Vlingo voice activation starting on it's own as well and flattening the battery very quickly.

Achievements:
    Level
    hmm ever since i updated the OS, the phone is still trying to activate the car mode but i now have to accept vlingos terms and conditions which i have not yet done so thats how i know it has been trying to do so and as i write this the phone has went nuts so i have restarted it. it went from 90% battery to 15%. i read on another android forum that using a toothpick could help with the cleaning of the port?

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    Maddog1974 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    There's probably loads of things that could clean the micro usb socket. I just chose to use a 0.5mm inter-dental tooth brush i cut the brush part so it was about half the length and worked for me. I was very careful though as there isn't much room up the side of the connector so be gentle

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information