Wallpapers never seem to fit screen properly - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wallpapers never seem to fit screen properly

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    WeAreMany is on a distinguished road
    Level

Wallpapers never seem to fit screen properly

Everytime I apply a 960x800 wallpaper, it never shows the full picture on the home screen. It enlarges it slightly and cuts out a section from both sides, so you only ever get to see 2 3rd's of the picture. I have tried using other sizes such 980x800, but it just does the same thing. Any ideas how to get the FULL picture on the home screen, without it being resized? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreMany View Post
    Everytime I apply a 960x800 wallpaper, it never shows the full picture on the home screen. It enlarges it slightly and cuts out a section from both sides, so you only ever get to see 2 3rd's of the picture. I have tried using other sizes such 980x800, but it just does the same thing. Any ideas how to get the FULL picture on the home screen, without it being resized? Thanks.
    Not sure if there was a typo there but the resolution is 960x800

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    No, it wasn't a typo Tuff. Like I said, I have tried 960x800, which is supposed to be the correct size for the galaxy s, but I never get the full picture on my screen. Because of that, I tried a few different sizes, such as 980x800, to see if they would work, but they didn't. It's so frustrating. I have got some really good wallpapers from Zedge, but I can't enjoy them as much as I'd like because the phone keeps resizing them slightly, and cutting some of the picture out.

Achievements:
    Level
    Is anyone else having this problem? Can you get a full 960x800 wallpaper on your screen, Tuff, and see the whole thing? I have even tried letting Zedge set my wallpapers, but that didn't work either. It still resized it and cut some of the wallpaper off?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    In the middle of watching Star Wars, was just popping out for a fag. I think I know what you mean but don't own an SGS any more.

The only thing I can think of would be to sync it through Kies but I doubt it would change the pic that much. I know it changes things like formats and resolution etc.....scraping the barrel though.

Achievements:
    Level
    I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help again, Tuff.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Achievements:
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Could you post one off the pictures so I may try.

What firmware are you using.
    What Launcher have you got.

When you'r on the wallpaper selection, do you have an orange box to resize the picture, with the option for moving the picture while scrolling sideways or staying still on all home screens.

This and many more confusing ideas after the break
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Achievements:
    Level
    Hi Doomed. I'm running the latest stock firmware, which is a multi CSC JW4 JW5 JW4. And I think I have TW launcher? Two secs, I'll just find a pic.

Achievements:
    Level
    Sorry, how do you add a picture? I don't have them stored online, or have any type of picture account. I just have the wallpapers stored in my picture folder on my laptop. Can I post them from there?
    Last edited by WeAreMany; 09-24-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    And yes, I do use the orange box, and I drag it to the full size of the picture, but it still crops it slightly?

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information