How to change the sms ringtone to one I have downloaded - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to change the sms ringtone to one I have downloaded

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    WeAreMany is on a distinguished road
    Level

How to change the sms ringtone to one I have downloaded

Hi all. I have downloaded a new sms ringtone because I don't really like the stock one's, but I can't seem to apply it. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreMany View Post
    Hi all. I have downloaded a new sms ringtone because I don't really like the stock one's, but I can't seem to apply it. Any ideas?
    There are numerous ways to set tones for Calls, Notifications, Texts, Emails etc.

Using any File Manager app go to the main directory and locate the 'Media' folder and then inside locate the 'Audio' folder.
    In the Audio folder should be 3 more folders called Ringtones, Alarms and Notifications:
    /Media/Audio/Ringtones **Calls**
    /Media/Audio/Alarms **?Wakey?**
    /Media/Audio/Notifications **SMS, emails or alerts for individual apps**

You can put your relevant mp3 files in the relevant folders. Long presssing the mp3 file in most apps will bring up the copy/paste/rename options.

You should now be able to see the files in Sound Settings Menu of the phone or relevant apps.

You can also use most audio player apps to set an mp3 for Calls, Contacts, messages etc.

As previously mentioned Zedge is a useful app for assigning ringtones and notifications.

Source Article - Media thread
    Last edited by Tufftoad; 09-20-2012 at 05:30 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tufftoad For This Useful Post:

WeAreMany (09-20-2012)

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    We can customise the ringtone for text messages?
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    What next: Note 4?

Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by stonkr View Post
    We can customise the ringtone for text messages?
    lol, no one mention wallpaper.....oops

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Off topic, but does anyone have any tips on how to properly apply a screen protector? I went through 6 the other day and ruined the lot. Each and every one had multiple air bubbles that couldn't be removed due to tiny bits of dust and fibres getting on the screen, or screen protector itself. I done everything you should when applying them, cleaning the screen etc, and taking care not to touch the sticky part of the screen protector, but a few tiny particles still kept managing to find their way on each time, ruining the screen protector, and the look of my phone. It was so frustrating lol. I have had to send off for another pack.
    Last edited by WeAreMany; 09-20-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Super Moderator
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    LOL, been there myself
    Use the little tag on the cover to lift the protector if you have to, this saves bending the edge trying to get your finger nail under it. Also you need to clean the screen and wipe with a micrfibre cloth to reduce static, then apply the protector in a very clean environment.
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RichH For This Useful Post:

WeAreMany (09-24-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    I have put them on before successfully, but this time around, no matter I did, some small fibres kept managing to get in there and ruin the bloody thing. When I got to the fifth screen protector, I almost threw my phone at the wall, I was that pissed off and frustrated lol

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    Shower.

But don't use your phone in the shower as it may not be waterproof.

When you have a steamy room, put the protector on. The steam will trap most of those pesky particles that get attracted to your freshly cleaned and mildly static screen.
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    What next: Note 4?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to stonkr For This Useful Post:

WeAreMany (09-24-2012)

13. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information