Message Templates? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Message Templates?

Message Templates?

On my old sony ericson, you could make a template for your texts which it would use everytime you sent a text.
    I had to set a special code something like *#0 at the begining of every text, using O2 to get Delivery Reports, as their normal reports didnt work.

Alas, cant figure out how to do this on the SGS? I just need a way to use a template to text...

Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

or is it possible to use a different text app to write texts that will use templates?
    anyone know of one?

cheers!

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Scaremonger is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Create the template in the memo app and save it. When you want to send a message you can attach the memo in the text field of the message.

sorry that doesnt work, i mean i see no quick or easy way to paste the memo in, if i hold down on the text prompt i can only Paste or Select Input Method.
    im looking for a way to set it up so i can go to write a text message, as normal, but its already got the *0# written at the top of all messages i write...
    really lame O2 hack here but only way to get delivery reports...
    and id rather not have to manually cut and paste or click 5x to select it...

cheers!

Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Open a new text message, select the "type to compose" window, then hit the menu key. You will then see an option to "Add Text" - select tha and it will offer you the Memo pad. Select this and then just tick the memo which is the template you prepared.

Thanks... as I said, thats alot of steps to go through EVERY time I want to write a text...
    shame theres no Template function, or way to just set it up to be at the begining of ANY text, so I can simply hit Compose and go...

Achievements:
    Level
    I am not aware of any other way to do what you want - also I find that you can't store a draft text unless you insert a valid address - seems a bit clunky

9. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information