Thread: Help!!

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    sls1975 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Help!!

Wow, after lots of clicking i have finally been able to find a forum that IS accepting new posts!!!!!!!!!! Now all i need is an answer to my problem.
    The screen on my Galaxy S2 is broken (don't ask) but i have holiday snaps on the phone that my wife wants to transfer onto the PC. However, when i plug the phone into the PC via Kies its states that there is a connection error as i need to "reconnect in the Samsung Kies (PC studio) mode" and that the current connection is not supported by Kies.
    How can i change the connection mode with a broken screen and is there anyway around this????
    Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,017
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    Forget kies for a minuet, will the phone connect as a mass storage device, if it will, you can then look for the DCIM folder, this is where all your photos will be stored. You can then just drag and drop to your PC.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    I'm thinking the same thing. If it's not in 'Kies' mode, what has been selected? All fingers crossed it's mass storage.

I take it the photos are stored on the internal storage, not an sd card.
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    OnePlus One : Galaxy Tab2 10.1

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    sls1975 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Thanks for your replies.
    The phone was showing in 'devices' but no matter what i clicked on there was no way to access everything stored on it (as you can tell i'm not that clever when it comes to computers either!!). Unfortunately everything was stored on the phone rather than an external sd card so they could be lost forever!!
    I've uninstalled KIES to see if that helps matters but it hasn't!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    If you've uninstalled Kies off the PC then it's highly likely that you've uninstalled the USB drivers that came with Kies. The USB drivers are needed to connect the phone to the PC.

Stupid Modulator
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    If you have a screen lock, the phone may not release access until that is deactivated, which you can't do.

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Have you tried to remote unlock your phone with Samsung Dive?
    http://www.samsungdive.com/DiveMain.do
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RichH For This Useful Post:

stonkr (09-07-2012)

Stupid Modulator
    Achievements:
    Level
    I didn't realise you could unlock the normal screen lock via Dive, just thought it was for the lock-out. Good call.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information