Galaxy S I9000 firmware list? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Galaxy S I9000 firmware list?

Galaxy S I9000 firmware list?

Hello everyone, i just bought my first smartphone and i am proud it's a Samsung Galaxy S i am very pleased so far minor a few bugs that i hope they will be corrected by a firmware/OS update. And regarding the firmware available i have some questions:

Is there a list of firmware updates for this phone from Samsung (a change log history like list)?

If i try to use Samsung Kies it says it can't update my firmware and displays it's current version
    GT-I9000
    PDA: JFF
    Phone: JF5

Is this the latest officially available version from Samsung?

If i run the *#1234# code it says
    PDA: I9000XWJFF
    Phone: I9000XXJF5

I don't want to use the custom firmwares so far because...well...the warranty void issue in a 500E piece of hardware ( that took me so long to gather the money for... yeah i am a pussy :P )

The main issue that i am trying to get fixed here is the bluetooth connection (in this case to a windows 7 64bit) won't keep connected, it says that my PC is paired but not connected unless i try sending or receive a file, after that it closes the connection again. Anyone getting this issue too?

Ohh and btw many thanks to the forum team and users for putting up such a resourceful helpful forum on such a device

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    littleark is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Idk if this will help or not, but my firmware is:

PDA: I9000UGJG9
    PHONE: I9000UGJG9

However apparently everyone is only running JG5 according to soraxd. I think mine is the highest so far, not sure but by the looks of it searching on the web i can't find JG9 anywhere.

Licking windows
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker's Avatar
    Level
    Hey

There is no changelog, because there has not been any official firmware updates yet. Here is a list of everything that has leaked out: http://samsung-firmware.webs.com/samsungi9000.htm

I really really recommend flashing a new firmware. Your Bluetooth problem just might be fixed in the newer firmwares. JG5, JM2 and JM5 seem to be the most popular ones.

If you're worried about warranty, you can download your current firmware from the site above and keep as a backup. If something does go wrong in the future, flash it back and return the phone.
    Samsung Galaxy S ::: Insanity ROM ::: SanDisk 32GB microSD card

fake Mọderator
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd's Avatar
    Level
    i couldnt agree more with windowlicker, for backing it up, i would suggest Rom Manager, it will create a 100% backup of everything the exact same way it is, so even if youre on a new firmware, you can flash back to the exact way you were when you created the restoration point, down to the old firmware, apps, and user settings.
    my personal suggestion is JM5, but JG5 is a very good alternative

and as far as warranty goes, the warranty wont cover you for 'your fault' damage, so dropping, broken screen, taking it swimming with you, it wont cover any of those things. all it will cover are things that are THEIR fault, which is pretty rare. any software changes you make can be undone. and if youre really looking to hide user fault on a broken phone you could always take a magnet to it lol (thats a joke btw ...kinda)
    Last edited by soraxd; 08-10-2010 at 06:49 AM.
    .____________...___________./l、
    ...add me [= .......____________...(゚、 。 7
    .......h3artlessjerk@hotmail.com .  l、 ~ヽ
    .............._______________............... じしf_, )ノ

Member Stockfeed is on a distinguished road Stockfeed's Avatar
    i'm fairly sure that even if you flashed to a leaked 'official' or stock firmware then you will void your warranty anyway, so you might as well go custom if you find something you like

Junior Member Gl1tch is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the answers guys, i really appreciate em.

Windowlicker -> nice that is the best (only) list i seen so far although why can't i see my current version in that list?

Stockfeed, soraxd -> I asked my provider and it told me that if the firmware update was done trough the phone software (the official way) the warranty wont void

Still regarding the FW update, will it be simlock free after the update?

Right now i am on vacation for the week, and will meditate during this time to do or not a FW update.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    JSG10 is just really nice JSG10 is just really nice JSG10 is just really nice JSG10 is just really nice JSG10's Avatar
    Level
    No won't be simlock free. You'll need to get hold of your carrier and speak to them about that

Junior Member Gl1tch is on a distinguished road
    Any workaround to pass that "sp€ak to th€ carri€r about that"? :P

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    JSG10 is just really nice JSG10 is just really nice JSG10 is just really nice JSG10 is just really nice JSG10's Avatar
    Level
    Sure but not all guaranteed. Can also pay someone to rip you off and do it for you. Some carriers will give you the codes to unlock for free.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information