Blank sd card issue - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blank sd card issue

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    hkphooey is on a distinguished road
    Level

Blank sd card issue

Hi guys

Problem has just started got Blank SD card notification keeps coming up, it happened today at work then as i got home it was fine so i plugged the phone into my pc and took the bit off it then formated the card inside the phone was ok for few seconds then the error has come back up again!!!!

Anyone got any ideas? it a new 32gb sandisk card had it few weeks bit worried its a phone error

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Not had this error before. Try another card first.....
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Ok guys tried another card and seems ok at the moment will RMA this one back to Amazon, fingers crossed its just faulty cardhad it since July..Never had faulty Sandisk ever and got loads...

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Are you sure it's a genuine sandisk? lots of fakes around....
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Achievements:
    Level
    I hope so was from Amazon

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    How easy was the packet to open. The genuine ones have to be cut open with scissors, if you can peel the card apart to get to the disc they are fakes.....
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    How easy was the packet to open. The genuine ones have to be cut open with scissors, if you can peel the card apart to get to the disc they are fakes.....
    Lol yes defo cut it out...though they are now selling them Amazon that is with easy card opening.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassTagger First Class7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Jejoma will become famous soon enough Jejoma will become famous soon enough Jejoma's Avatar
    Level
    I've just started (since the last firmware update) getting a message saying the memory card is unplugged. A few seconds later it tells me it is back in. This happens 2 or 3 times a day.

At the moment it is just slightly annoying and I suspect it's because the card is a few years old. If it becomes a problem I suppose my first call is a new card (I've already tried cleaning the card contacts).

As an aside, a couple of months ago I managed to buy a fraudulent copy of Microsoft Office 2010 through Amazon so they're not 100% safe.

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    I've had a micro sd completely fail on me so they don't go on forever. Try a different card then look to buy a replacement is what I'd do.

It is usually a good time when something breaks - gives me an excuse to get something new and improved.
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    What next: Note 4?

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassTagger First Class7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Jejoma will become famous soon enough Jejoma will become famous soon enough Jejoma's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by stonkr View Post
    It is usually a good time when something breaks - gives me an excuse to get something new and improved.
    I use the same arguement on myself. Trouble is with a 32Gb card that's only half full I keep losing the arguement that I need a 64Gb card

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information