Dowloading photos to my iMac. - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dowloading photos to my iMac.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    obiwan is on a distinguished road
    Level

Dowloading photos to my iMac.

Hi there. My phone is the Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 and computer is the latest iMac Lion OSX with software up to date.
    Problem: How do I bulk download all my picture files to the computer?
    I have been trying to use Kies which has proven fruitless.
    Appreciate any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    On your phone, look in settings for USB settings or something like it.

Then choose Mass storage mode.

Connect phone to computer > Pull down Notification menu connect (May not need to do this step) > Phone and Micro SD should show up as external storage.
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    obiwan is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Where is the 'Notification menu connect'? I don't know how to find the external storage. Sorry, new to iMac.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Once you've connected the USB to phone and pc. Pull down the Notification bar on the phone. (The bar at the top that pulls down for info and some widgets).
    You'll should have a Notification about connecting (On the Phone), Press it then it should connect.

It comes up as one/two hard drives usually on any other computer, for a mac
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Deepmeister is on a distinguished road
    Level
    There is an easier way for the Mac and the Galaxy S phone. Setup bluetooth in the phone by going to settings, bluetooth (may be under the wireless settings) and switch on the bluetooth. Make the phone "visible" or "discoverable" (depends on version).

On the Mac, go to the Bluetooth menu on the top right, make sure bluetooth is on. Select "Setup Bluetooth Device" and follow the steps, which will include searching for your phone (hence you made it discoverable/visible), either the phone or Mac will popup a number which needs to be entered on the other to "pair" the two together. There may be screens that talk about bluetooth modems, or connecting via bluetooth, etc, just skip over them for now unless you want those features in place. Once done, on the phone, your Mac will appear in the list, select it and set as "authorised" which will avoid it asking you everytime your Mac wants to connect to it.

When you want to transfer your photos back to the Mac, or perhaps send PDF or text files to the phone to read on the train (for example), just go to the Bluetooth menu on the Mac, select the phone under the Devices section, and select Browse from the submenu.

This will show you a window which lets you select files, and move them back and forth. Just locate the photos folder, usually called DCIM to match the folder naming of typical digital cameras, and that should do it.

On your SD card, perhaps make a folder called "Data" and send PDF or Text files to that folder. On the phone, use the Files app to locate that folder and select a file which should open in a suitable app to be able to read.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information