Connect a Bluetooth GPS unit? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Connect a Bluetooth GPS unit?

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points
    meanrat is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Is it possible to just connect with it just with bluetooth? So without a 3rd party application? Not that this will solve the problem, but it could give you some information about wether the gps is compatible with the SGS. Don't know if it's possible that certain bluetooth gps receivers won't connect because of incompatibility, but it wouldn't surprise me.

But the first step in solving this problem, I first would check if I can just establish a simple bluetooth connection with the device.

Next, when connecting, keep your internal GPS on at all times. When you begin navigating, you can disable it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered
    Liam is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Tried it with just Bluetooth and had no luck,I also tried with GPS on and with it off. Think my Bluetooth is a copy of the Holux BT321. I'll probably have to try it with my friend's Galaxy and see if his detects it but it is most likely not compatible with the Galaxy. Thanks.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points
    meanrat is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Strange, I have a bluetooth GPS from freecom, keychain 2000. Worked like a charm! But since the last official update from Samsung my galaxy S is not accurate anymore with the bluetooth gps unit. Worse than the internal gps...

Is there a setting from the galaxy s I should turn on (not the mock locations, i have that on already).

Thanx

Maarten

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered
    beto_nl is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by meanrat View Post
    Strange, I have a bluetooth GPS from freecom, keychain 2000. Worked like a charm! But since the last official update from Samsung my galaxy S is not accurate anymore with the bluetooth gps unit. Worse than the internal gps...

Is there a setting from the galaxy s I should turn on (not the mock locations, i have that on already).

Thanx

Maarten
    1)Which update / firmware ?
    2) Which nav. software are you using?
    3) Which bluetooth gps tool are you using (Gps bluetooth mouse, gps provider, etc)
    4) Details of you external gps receiver for instance: Does it have a sirfstar3 chipset? Replaceable battery?

You need to provide more info, when asking for help

Cheers

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    manikurian is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hi there
    , I am also very frustated with the samsung galaxy navigation program as it cannot seem to find a satlite and keeps sending a message, "Searching for GPS" Its seems to set the map and find the destination in the house before you set of on the journey, but once on the road, it cannot find the GPS ???? I feel that if we can find a program to accept via a bluetooth for the samsung galaxy a satilite receiver, then we should have a fantastic Navigation system !!! Has anyone been able to do this?? if you have succeded please let me know,
    thank you
    , manikurian.

Level
    I have an Tomtom wireless Navigation GPS Mk11 satilite receiver which is a self contained unit with internal rechargable battery, I am not sure if it has a sirfstar ??
    I do not have any program installed in my samsung galaxy, to accept the external receiver via bluetooth. any comments??

Level
    Fantastic !!! I found a GPS program on the net which i downloaded to my samsung (a program to run a external TomTom GPS via the bluetooth, I had to pair my SGSII and the TomTom Wireless GPS Receiver, and now the navigation from my Samsung works, I spoke my destination, and said that I wanted to go to Austria, and wala, 826 MILES AND 15. hours and 25 minutes to get there. No more sign saying , CANNOT CONNECT TO GPS. Good luck. GK.

9. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information