Google Play - Auto Restore apps - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Google Play - Auto Restore apps

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level

Google Play - Auto Restore apps

Does anyone else find this highly annoying?

When I first got the SGS3 and set it up, G.Play automatically restored apps from SGS 1 on to my SGS 3. This did not save me time and caused quite the opposite, I had to then go through the apps and remove the unwanted apps.

Is there a setting to stop this or am I missing something?

The only way I know to stop this from happening is to turn off the data/wifi connection when setting up the phone and restarting the phone straight after setup.

Edit: I have gone into settings and unticked the SGS 1 device.

While I'm having a moan, my PC insists on correcting me when I used the words...

Un-install - The hyphen is annoying but still being corrected
    Apps - This one I can understand
    Setup - Capitalised or not.
    Untick - This really is not a word even with a hyphen. Checked 'detick' - to free (as livestock) of ticks, as by a chemical dip, spray, or dust.
    Last edited by Tufftoad; 07-17-2012 at 09:07 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    Did you detick 'automatic restore' in backup and reset?

This happened the very very very first time I set up my pebble but hasn't happened the two or three times since. I don't know if it's that setting or something else I'm doing differently.
    Last edited by stonkr; 07-17-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    What next: Note 4?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stonkr For This Useful Post:

Tufftoad (07-18-2012)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by stonkr View Post
    Did you detick 'automatic restore' in backup and reset?

This happened the very very very first time I set up my pebble but hasn't happened the two or three times since. I don't know if it's that setting or something else I'm doing differently.
    More likely this, as I've not had any apps restore on my phone
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doomed For This Useful Post:

Tufftoad (07-18-2012)

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Cheers guys. Yes the option is ticked in the settings menu. Still though, the description says that the settings and data will be restored, not the actual app itself.

Well, I exchange my phone at lunchtime today wo will give it a try and let you know.

Super Moderator
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    I am told that option restores everything, settings, apps, data, home screen etc. I have yet to try it myself though but is excellent if it does.
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    I am told that option restores everything, settings, apps, data, home screen etc. I have yet to try it myself though but is excellent if it does.
    Was just looking at the 'Automatic Restore' under Back up and reset, was wondering how this works. Would love to turn on my SGS 3 and set the GMail account and all my wifi passwords and options/settings be restored....I'm dubious.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tufftoad View Post
    Was just looking at the 'Automatic Restore' under Back up and reset, was wondering how this works. Would love to turn on my SGS 3 and set the GMail account and all my wifi passwords and options/settings be restored....I'm dubious.
    Me too, but do let us know what happens
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Rallye James will become famous soon enough Rallye James's Avatar
    Level
    I found when I set up the S3s that it had the tickbox ticked as a default on the setup screens. The first time I got everything installed, the second time, I unticked it and then used Appbrain to install just the apps I wanted to keep. I found that either way, I only got the app re-installed and not any data (logins / game saves etc)? Now rooted and back using Titanium Backup anyway

Most annoying thing about the auto restore was the Play Store sticking icons all over my home screens as a default option! This isn't a bloody iPhone!
    Samsung Galaxy S | Gone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII (1) | Dead on arrival
    Samsung Galaxy SIII (2) | Marble White / 16GB / Unlocked / Rooted / WanamLite JB LH4
    Nexus 7 | Arrived and awaiting root

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallye James View Post
    Most annoying thing about the auto restore was the Play Store sticking icons all over my home screens as a default option! This isn't a bloody iPhone!
    LOL, yes I forgot about that...3 or 4 homescreens full of Icons!!!

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tufftoad View Post
    LOL, yes I forgot about that...3 or 4 homescreens full of Icons!!!
    I don't understand this.... What happened to your homescreens?
    Have you restored your new S3 yet?
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

14. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information