Can I reset the phone back to factory settings after rooting? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I reset the phone back to factory settings after rooting?

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    stu646 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Can I reset the phone back to factory settings after rooting?

I now have a Galaxy 3 , so want to sell my SG1 but wanted to know if I could do anything to put the phone back to how it was when I brought it or at least near enough back to the factory settings.

I have rooted it and installed a kernell and rom so not sure if I can re root it back to normal or not.

Trying to sell the phone and think a lot of people may prefer it back to normal

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    If you go to SamMobile.com you can download all firmwares branded or open and then flash one to the SGS1. This will also get rid of the root.

For guides on flashing firmware see Galaxy S - Android Development in the main forum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information