[How Too] I can't connect to tv via usb to view photo's - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I can't connect to tv via usb to view photo's

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    stone2 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Question I can't connect to tv via usb to view photo's

When I connect to my samsung tv via usb it says there are no media files to view yet I have heaps of photo's and video on my phone.
    Is this not possible with the S2?
    I'm running ICS and phone is rooted.
    Any help much appreciated.

Can someone just please tell me wether this is possible or not. Or is it only possible with a MHL adapter?
    Last edited by stone2; 05-31-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: No replies

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964's Avatar
    Level
    Tufftoad, I think the poster wants to connect to the television to view the pics. I can't help as I've never done that, sorry.

Alison

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Your right Hazi, had such a long day yesterday have had to take half days holiday today to catch up on sleep Couldn't even type properly when writing about the SGS3.

Taking for granted that Stoner2 has a wireless TV so the only other option would be an MHL adaptor. If I find anything when I get home today I will post and let you know.
    Last edited by Tufftoad; 06-01-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    If a wireless tv, then isn't the WiFi direct option the one to go for?
    As the OP has talked about a USB connection, then I took it that it's not, and that it's a compatability problem.
    Assuming the tv is capable of viewing photo's then the file format and resolution need to be looked at.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964's Avatar
    Level
    I think they want to connect via usb, not wifi. Lol.

Alison

Achievements:
    Level
    Just a guess here Stone2 but does your tv have a menu that has different options for input? Maybe you will find the answer there. Only a guess if course as I have never tried it.

Alison

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    You need an MHL adapter to use with the USB cable or a 3.5mm RCA cable, like the ones used by Nokia. If TV has a HDMI port, then a HDMI to HDMI cable will do it.

EDIT: Just tried the 3.5mm RCA and it doesn't work.
    Last edited by Richardj; 06-01-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    stone2 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hey everyone thanks for the replies.
    Yes I can view the photo's if I connect using allshare wireless but want to show the grand parents the photo's on their tv and they don't have my setup so next option was usb to tv.
    I would have thought this to be a no brainer with such a modern phone and never such a simple thing as plugging my phone into a usb port on a modern tv would be such a hassle just to view photo's.
    Really think samsung have dropped the ball on this one.

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    TV is a TV and a Phone is a Phone. Why would you think that a USB connection would instantly show your phone on a TV screen? "IF" your TV had a hard drive you would be able to send files to it to view, otherwise you need the MHL adaptor to convert the signal into something the TV can recognise.
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information