kies update messed up my phone! - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: kies update messed up my phone!

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    stuie87 is on a distinguished road
    Level

kies update messed up my phone!

Hi, hope i can get some help here. I updated to the latest official firmware for my galaxy s i9000 via kies (orange UK network) and while it was flashing it failed and a pop up box told me to unplug my cable take out and battery and reboot the phone. Well the issue is my phone refuses to now boot, infact when i turn it on i get a picture of a mobile phone and then a triangle with ! and a computer icon. I tried going back to stock via odin but all the firmwares i have downloaded have .tar file missing for the PDA option. Can any one help me out with this?

many thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Hello, you will have to flash new firmware via Odin but you know this already.

Where are you downloading files from and do you have a specific firmware in mind? Also if possible copy and paste the file names here if you can.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    thank's for the reply tufftoad! I tried firmware from sammoble firmware and i also tried the xda forums i think it is and both sites that have firmware for orange uk have a file missing. I'm not looking for any certain firmware just a working official firmware from my provider to get it going again.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Alright, hold on and I'll download something from SamMobile and check what's available.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    Much appreciated

Achievements:
    Level
    I'm currently downloading JVU released around 29/12/11 as this was one of the last firmwares I used and the battery life was decent for me, over a day and a half.

6 mins left

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tufftoad For This Useful Post:

stuie87 (05-24-2012)

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    That's great thank's for the help. I did not want to have to send my phone off for repair and wait weeks for it to come back!

Achievements:
    Level
    Good news, so the following firmware I9000XXJVU - Direct Link has all three files for you.

Give it a try and let us know what happens

Going to flash this myself on the weekend as Darky Rom 10.2 is giving me trouble

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tufftoad For This Useful Post:

stuie87 (05-24-2012)

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    I'll download it now and give it a try and report back if everything is up and running again. Just hope the failed flash kies did has not caused any issues

Achievements:
    Level
    The only option it may have caused is that it won't go into download mode but am sure you would've pointed this out. If that is the case a USB Jig from ebay will resolve that too

14. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information