[SGS] think i have killed my phone - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: think i have killed my phone

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    ian2494 is on a distinguished road
    Level

think i have killed my phone

think i have killed my phone
    i just got the Samsung galaxy s2 today but it was on the 3 network so wanted to put it on to t mobile but did something wrong during the root when i try to power on i get the yellow triangle then the screen just goes black i have now got it back into download mode it says

odin mode
    product name gt-i9100
    custom binary download yes (2 counts )
    current binary custom
    can anyone tell me how to get this back on and working as the wife is going to kill me if i dont get it fixed
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    First off, don't panic, it's very difficult to 'kill' it.

You'll need to remove the network lock to use another sim. Were you rooting it to do that. If not type *#7465625# in the dialler to see if it's locked.

If you can get into download mode, then you can flash a new firmware using a simple little PC program called odin - there are many tutorials all over the place how to do that.

Firmwares can be downloaded freely from SamMobile.com, join the site for free and download as much as you want.

Your phone(wife) will need time and patience while you get up to speed but it'll be worth it.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum, by the way.
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    What next: Note 4?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stonkr For This Useful Post:

ian2494 (05-05-2012)

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    ian2494 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    yes it is locked i cant get on the phone again i can get on download mode it was odin i used there is that many different tuts and things to download i think i downloaded the wrong things or followed the wrong video i have been looking thro pages for about five hrs now and i think im getting more lost the more i look at the wife is mad cos i got rid of my iphone 4 to get this phone and now i broke it

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    Yeh, I've done that too many times, it's part of the experience.

You don't have a 3 sim to use, you have a T-Mobile sim?
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    What next: Note 4?

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    Ian, where do I start??
    Let me try and go through what you've done, and perhaps you can correct anything you didn't do? OK
    1. You wanted to unlock your phone so that you could go on TMobile
    2. You knew of an unlock app in the Play Store (Market) but had to root your phone.
    3. You have an S2 on 3 and the firmware version is Gingerbread/ICS .
    4. You followed this guide to first of all debrand your phone: http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/show...sung-Galaxy-S2 and flashed a sim free firmware from sammobile or similar.
    5. Having debranded your phone you decided to root and went to this site to find a root file: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1103399

Now when you set up Odin did you ensure that:
    1. Your phone was set to USB debugging
    2. the unzipped root file was put into the Odin PDA box.
    3. When you connected via USB the ID:COM box went yellow and your phone was recognised as connected?
    4. The Auto Reboot and F.Rest Time boxes were ticked
    5. The Repartition and Flash Lock were NOT ticked?
    6. You pressed Start and Odin went through its flashing and at the end you had a confirmation of success.
    7. The phone restarted

Now clearly something in this list didn't happen, and it would help if you indicated where.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information