"Unfortunately, MAPServiceSamsung has stopped" - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Unfortunately, MAPServiceSamsung has stopped"

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered
    DHP101 will become famous soon enough
    Level

"Unfortunately, MAPServiceSamsung has stopped"

Hi, Since updating to ICS when I send a text the screen will sometimes freeze and then 10 or so seconds later I get the message "Unfortunately, MAPServiceSamsung has stopped. Okay" Pressing Okay gets everything back to normal.

I've looked through the many ICS threads here and don't think anyone else has had a similar problem (appologies if they have and I've missed it) and I've gone through the troubleshooting manual on Samsungs site and can't see a solution.

Any ideas out there please?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DHP101 For This Useful Post:

afalcinelli201 (12-09-2012)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Settings >Applications >All. Find MAPservicesamsung and click on it. Press to delete cache and then delete data.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RichH For This Useful Post:

DHP101 (05-02-2012)

Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks RichH. Found it and there was no cache or data to delete. I had cleared cache in Samsung Apps and IME since prior to going to MAPservice so maybe that had some bearing on it and hopefully I'll be okay now.

Thanks for your reply

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DHP101 For This Useful Post:

afalcinelli201 (12-09-2012)

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Haole is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I had cleared cache in Samsung Apps and IME since prior to going to MAPservice
    ~ can you elaborate on what you meant that you cleared the cache in Samsung Apps? Did you find the MAPservice App under the Samsung Apps someplace? I'm having the same issue and when I go to the Applications MAPservice App the "buttons" are not lite to clear ~ this issue is getting VERY frustrating and I would appreciate any help/guidance. Thanks!

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Have you tried to "force close" the app? It will restart immediately as it is a system app but it might help.....
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Achievements:
    Level
    Hi Haole. Since my original post I've tried various things but I'm still getting the same problem and as you say it's very frustrating.

I've just tried Force stop as RichH suggested to see if that works.

I'll let you know how I get on but as you know it could be a day or two before it re-appears

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    Isn't this a case for the RichH wipe data and cache message?
    http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/show...ret-to-success.....!
    Last edited by greenman; 05-17-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    I've looked into this app and I can't honestly see what it does !!! I think the issues may be system corruption due to restoring some sms system settings after flashing ICS. So theoretically, another Kies issue For anyone rooted who is having problems I suggest you freeze it. Otherwise delete any old SMS messaqges you don't need then do a system clear cache from recovery mode. If you can let me have any more details of when it happens (ie is Bluetooth on - seems to be connected to bluetooth service too?) I'll do a bit more digging....
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Achievements:
    Level
    Hi All, Force closed the app as suggested but it's happened again today so begrudgingly, having read of other peoples problems, have had to go to data reset (even though I backed up I've lost all downloaded apps and the calender will only sync back one month but future events have sync'd okay, alarm settings have gone etc).

Anyway, hopefully worth it as it's a pain when it freezes

Thanks for all your help

Achievements:
    Level
    Hi All, To anyone else who has this problem (Haole above) data reset/clear cache hasn't got rid of the problem (it even did it when I tried to go into Settings yesterday which is a new one; it's always been to do with texting before).

It's only been like it since I updated to ICS so when I get time I'll go back to GBread which from a texting point of view I found better anyway (cut/paste, contacts etc)

15. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information