[How Too] ICS update help - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: ICS update help

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Well done old chap
    I'd leave the other options alone for now
    You can download "RomManager" from play (market) which is safer if you want to explore some of the other options, but really no need to worry. Now you are rooted you can use some of the better apps like "Better battery Stats", use different launchers to their full potential (Apex & Nova for example).... I'd recommend Voodoo Root Hider as well as you may find some instances where you don't want root (some banking apps, skygo...) and voodoo will temporarily hide root to allow those apps to work.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    Thank goodness for that LOL

PS Liked your comment RichH regarding doing the job for Pluto.
    Was beginning to feel that was the best option too.
    Well done to you.
    Was beginning to think it was the ONLY option lol !!!
    Only 7 pages to root..... I guess it was more difficult than I realised

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    'The very last question what do the other options do in recovery and are they safe to use'

If you PROMISE!!
    The other options most useful to you, are:
    If you decide to change back to Gingerbread or change firmware (no no please don't!!)
    -wipe data/factory reset
    -wipe cache partition

Then in:
    -advanced - Wipe Dalvik Cache

But other options also useful when required.
    But Google them when you need to.
    -

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Pluto is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Just to connfirm IT'S working. Yipeeeeeee

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Level
    Will do and thanks again a million times over.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm gonna miss this thread now......

Achievements:
    Level
    Seriously you are too kind to me, but it is great to know the help is there when needed and who knows on more simple issues I may be able to help someone else. This is the best forum I have ever tried and it is down to the patient problem solving help I got, also you obviously know your stuff, I have learned too. Wish there was a book you could learn all this stuff in... enjoy your day. Pluto

9. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread Information