Music player won't play my music - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Music player won't play my music

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964's Avatar
    Level

Music player won't play my music

Before updating to the official ics, I uploaded my music to Dropbox. Yesterday, I downloaded it back onto the phone. Today, I tried to listen to music but music player said "does not support this type of file".

I tried a couple of other players from play store with the same problem.

I then looked at the details of the files which all end with .mp3, however, it says file type mpeg.

I then tried Winamp trial and files load just fine with that.

Also, if I go into root explorer or my files and just tap on any song, it plays just fine in the built in sound player.

Before uploading to Dropbox, I had listened to my music on numerous occasions in music player so what could have happened to prevent them playing properly now?

Either Dropbox has converted them to mpeg or something is wrong with music player. I suspect Dropbox to be the problem.

Is there anything I can do to salvage them without having to download them all over again? The whole idea was to back up on Dropbox so I didn't have to go through finding them all over again.

Any help, much appreciated.

Alison

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    It might be a long winded way of fixing but unless you know of any file conversion software the only thing I can think of is to copy them all to your PC, delete from phone, then use Kies to put them back onto the phone. Kies will convert the files to a format that the phone will handle.

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    Or clear the cache for the music player in the applications list.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964's Avatar
    Level
    It started working again, no idea why. Lol.

Alison

6. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information