Thread: Caller ID and Picture

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    kroll3086 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Caller ID and Picture

When a call comes in is there a way for their photo to show along with the number?

I have entered them as a contact and I have a picture of them in contacts and have selected a ringtone for them. When they call how do I get their picture show? Can this be done?

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    You have got the right info, but a call can default to numbers on the sim card. In Contacts > Menu > Contacts to display is not set to All

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    kroll3086 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Under display options I have select contact to display phone, google and facebook. I chose phone and disabled google and facebook. And I have display otions Only contacts with phone number.

Now when I get a call should their photo display with their phone number?

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    That should do it if called by someone in your Contact list.
    Can you set up your own profile and call yourself from the phone you put in your profile?

Taking your sim contacts out was all you needed to do as the phone defaults to that, and of course you can't save images to the sim.
    Last edited by greenman; 04-27-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    WendyH is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Feeling really stupid now! So I was looking on forum for a couple of answers - one of which is how do I assign photo and individual ringtone to different contacts. So now I find out that I cant add photos to contacts because they were all transfered to phone via sim, great but ... how do I transfer contacts from sim to phone so that I can add photos and will I then be able to individualise ringtones? And if not how or is it not possible, which will be a shame as I could with my old Samsung Wave. And whilst I'm at it, on the Wave I could set text notifications to repeat until I read them, which I found really useful - is this possible with the Note and how? Please!

Achievements:
    Level
    In Contacts app (use the stock one) press Menu.
    Look for Import/Export and then Import from sd card.

That will get your contacts on to your phone so you can add photo's and assign individual ringtones.

BTW I think you're better having Contacts in your GMail account and then sync to your phone.
    That way they are much easier to transfer to your next android or prevent loss.

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    To get repeating notifications in android you need to use an app. Go to Google play and search for "reminder". There are a few to choose from so pick one you like....
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    sally119 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hi, Have just got my Galaxy S2 and have been having the same problem of not being able to personlise the caller ringtone and photo. I have gone in and turned off the sim view. My contacts were originally transferred to the phone from the sim. I then subsequently synchronised everything with my Gmail account. I cannot import anything from the sd card because it says 'no vcard found on sd card'. Is there a way to delete numbers on the sim so that I can just synchronise them using the gmail account and will that allow me to then set up personalisation of certain numbers? I have never had the problem before and it is becoming a bit frustrating.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    sally119 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Sorted it by deleting all contacts on the sim. Phone now displays caller photo and uses personalised ringtones.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information