Weird Swype Keyboard Problem - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weird Swype Keyboard Problem

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    KTreu42 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Weird Swype Keyboard Problem

So for a few months, when I go to type certain letters on Swype (as in not actually "swiping," but just pressing single keys to enter an individual letter), the phone does not enter the letter, and it backs out of the keyboard app. Opening the keyboard back up to type then results in words failing to enter either through individual key presses, or through swiping. The word will show up on the word prediction bar, but will not enter, and the vibrate-on-keypress also fails. I then have to back out of the program that I was trying to type in, but every time I open it back up and try to key in a single letter, the same problem occurs.

Of note: This problem comes about randomly, I have no idea what spurs the issue. Also, it seems to happen when I am trying to punch in a few specific keys ("K" especially, and also "D." May have noted the problem with 1 or 2 other keys, not sure).

Has anyone else encountered this issue? It's horribly irritating, and I would love any advice. Thanks much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    You could try going into Settings >Applications >All and finding Swype., then Delete Data and restart the application.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Hey KTreu42, I too have also encoutnered this problem and is highly annoying. My problem is that the phone starts to lag, the keyboard retracts itself and then re-appears but I'm unable to type anything although the key presses are rcognised visually. I find that I have to re-boot the phone in order to use the keyboard again.

Which version of swype are you using, the one that came with the phone or Swype Beta?

Will try to find a solution as this is bugging me too.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    KTreu42 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tufftoad View Post
    Hey KTreu42, I too have also encoutnered this problem and is highly annoying. My problem is that the phone starts to lag, the keyboard retracts itself and then re-appears but I'm unable to type anything although the key presses are rcognised visually. I find that I have to re-boot the phone in order to use the keyboard again.

Which version of swype are you using, the one that came with the phone or Swype Beta?

Will try to find a solution as this is bugging me too.

Yes, that sounds like the same issue I encounter! I guess I'm sort of glad it's not a totally isolated case, because then I am generally on my own

It's strange how certain keys tend to trigger it. I am using the default Swype that came with the phone.

Oh, and greenman, I really do not want to remove Swype or reset it, because it sounds like I would lose my entire saved library of custom words that I have added. What a pain that would be to lose, and it would not be a definite solution either.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    I thought you may be on the generic swype which also makes me glad that it's not just Swype Beta that is affected. Didn't find much out last night but am persistant to resolve this. Swype is my favourite method for typing.

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0%
    digital909 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I'm having some swype problems post ICS OTA update. Can't find a fix anywhere, Have hard reset, cleared cache, the works, but problem persists and using slideIT, which is not doing it for me at all and the Greek dictionary is awful.

Basically, when using swype, the keyboard freezes (and the whole phone on some occasions) and flicks between alpha and numeric keypad. It is also using 60% of the battery. I love swype but have had to stop using it until this is resolved.

Swype version: 3.26.92.38235
    Firmware: 4.0.3 Vodafone UK variant

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Slidewinder is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I have the same problem, and it only happens when I type a word starting with p. It doesn't happen with any other letter, it doesn't happen if p is not the first letter, and it doesn't happen if i am Swyping, only if I am using the Swype keyboard and typing 1 letter at a time. I press the home button when this happens, and then close the program with task manager, and when I open it again, I change the input method to the regular keyboard and back, and it works again without having to reboot the phone or reset Swype. I read on another forum about changing the language to French, then back to English fixing some problems with Swype, and it improved on my problem, but didn't eliminate it completely. Hope this helps.

Galaxy note running standard Swype on v2.3.6 (same problem on v2.3.5)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Slidewinder For This Useful Post:

junebell (12-21-2012)

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    cricketlr15 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I am having the same problem when I type the combination of "s" and "i". not every time but enough to make it difficult o use the phone. Once it starts every letter I type is overwritten. I have to turn off the phone to get it to work again.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    madzdilley is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Has anyone found a fix for this yet? It has been happening to me for ages, just with the "d" key. It is really frustrating! Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    moti.g is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hi I have a similar problem but I'm not sure if a particular key triggers it... I was just on Skype and was unable to type anything for a few minutes, lthe keypad dictionary knew what i wad trying to write but the words would not appear. After that it suddenly fixed, sort of: only able to type one word at a time, as every time I press space it would delete the word... This has happened a few times now, in different applications, it is really annoying, if a solution is available I would love to know!
    Last edited by moti.g; 08-05-2012 at 11:51 AM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information