Galaxy S2 overheating and fast battery discharge - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Galaxy S2 overheating and fast battery discharge

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points
    IreneH is on a distinguished road
    Level

Galaxy S2 overheating and fast battery discharge

Hi Everyone, I have had a Galaxy S2 for 4 months and love it. I have had no problems at all with the phone at all however yesterday it got hot at the top near the camera lens and the battery died in 2 hours. I turned it off and on and it seemed ok but then did it again. I removed all apps and everything else that was using the cpu as the news and weather app was displaying loading continually I thought that might have something to do with it. It seemed ok for a while and then did it again. I noticed that although there were 3 grey bars of network signal there was no G/3G/H or in/out arrows displayed next to the bars. Tried a manual network search and it seemed ok but then the same thing happened... overheated and battery died fast again. Turned it off and on again...tried to make a call...no connection. I know I do not get a good signal at home but can usually move around and get one but couldn't even after a reboot. Put sim in another phone and it connected ok.

Could the phone continually hunting for a network signal cause it to overheat and use up the battery so fast? or is there a fault with the handset?

I would be very grateful for any advice or comments.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Achievements:
    Level
    So sorry...posted in wrong forum. I have reposted on Galaxy S2. Apologies...new user ;-(

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    There is no doubt your phone will have to work harder to obtain a signal that is weak.
    In doing so the battery will run down more quickly, but I don't think that is your problem.
    If possible return the phone under warranty.
    Alternatively, stop your phone from searching for a data connection by selecting GSM only in Settings >Wireless & network >Mobile network.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thank you greenman...I have just tried using GSM only and will see what happens... sadly I guessed I might have to return it but hoped I could fix it but as it only happened now after 4 months it does seem to be a handset problem...ah well...thanks anyway for your prompt reply even though I posted in the wrong thread ;-)

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    swarnimanishant is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hi guys,
    After updating to ICS everything went fine.only one problem I have with my phone is that whenver I touch any icon n leave it a red border line comes over the screen for fem seconds. please help me to resolve this issue,plzzzzzzzzz

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    You need to do a factory reset after flashing ICS.
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

8. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information