Hi Everyone, I have had a Galaxy S2 for 4 months and love it. I have had no problems at all with the phone at all however yesterday it got hot at the top near the camera lens and the battery died in 2 hours. I turned it off and on and it seemed ok but then did it again. I removed all apps and everything else that was using the cpu as the news and weather app was displaying loading continually I thought that might have something to do with it. It seemed ok for a while and then did it again. I noticed that although there were 3 grey bars of network signal there was no G/3G/H or in/out arrows displayed next to the bars. Tried a manual network search and it seemed ok but then the same thing happened... overheated and battery died fast again. Turned it off and on again...tried to make a call...no connection. I know I do not get a good signal at home but can usually move around and get one but couldn't even after a reboot. Put sim in another phone and it connected ok.
Could the phone continually hunting for a network signal cause it to overheat and use up the battery so fast? or is there a fault with the handset?
I would be very grateful for any advice or comments.