Problem setting up AOL email after upgrade to ICS - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem setting up AOL email after upgrade to ICS

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    Icesurf3r is on a distinguished road
    Level

Problem setting up AOL email after upgrade to ICS

Hi Guys,
    This is my first post on the forums, so firstly a big hello from York in the UK.

I updated my SG2 to ICS v4.0.3 last night, and everything went smoothly with no problems to report. Apart from the fact the install seemed to delete 2 of my 3 email accounts that were set up 1 Hotmail account and 1 AOL account.

I've set up the Hotmail account no problem, but for some reason I just cannot get the AOL one set up. I input my email address and password and it progresses to the 'retrieving information' screen but then I keep getting the error message
    Sign in incorrect - The attempt to sign in failed due to an invalid User Name, Password or incorrect settings. Please check blah blah blah....try again blah blah blah
    Now I've sucessfully logged in to the email account via the internet (just in case I was been a numpty and entering the incorrect password) and the details are all correct. I've even tried changing my password on-line then logging in again on my phone with the new one, but I still get the smae error message. I never had this problem at all with Gingerbread.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try or what the problem may be that is causing the set up to fail? (did a quick search but couldnt see anything similar.

Not sure what phone info you nees (if any), but here goes

Model: GT-I9100
    Android Version: 4.0.3
    Baseband:I9100XXLPS
    Build: IML74K.XWLP7

Would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    It will be the auto settings the app is trying to set up with. You will need to untick the push box then go into manual setup and change the ports etc as will be detailled on your providers website.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information