US ICS update on UK GS2 phone:( - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: US ICS update on UK GS2 phone:(

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    doc.zeus is on a distinguished road
    Level

US ICS update on UK GS2 phone:(

i have mistakenly updated US ICS firmware on my UK galaxy s 2( GT.I9100) and since than it is crashing and draining my battery,alongwith some issues with activating wi-fi..............any solutions plzzzzz????

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    Before any update to ICS when coming from Gingerbread it is recommended that you wipe data and cache.
    Regarding battery drain, that appears to be a major problem with ICS.
    What issues do you have with activating Wifi, and is it your home or a hot spot?

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964's Avatar
    Level
    Greenman, the original poster has accidentally installed the US version of ICS instead of the UK version. I believe it's help getting back to the right version that is needed.

I'm half asleep so can't offer any help, need to be wide awake so hopefully somebody else can help.

Alison

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by hazi1964 View Post
    Greenman, the original poster has accidentally installed the US version of ICS instead of the UK version. I believe it's help getting back to the right version that is needed.

I'm half asleep so can't offer any help, need to be wide awake so hopefully somebody else can help.

Alison
    Yes, Read that.
    I had Polish ICS and now Australian although in UK.
    The fact that American ICS is installed is immaterial. The only issue could be if it was a network version as the baseband may not necessarily best optimised to the network the OP is on.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    thank you all for ur help....and yes i think i haf accidently downloaded the network version of ICS.....plzz any suggestions

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doc.zeus View Post
    thank you all for ur help....and yes i think i haf accidently downloaded the network version of ICS.....plzz any suggestions
    You can't accidentally download if you went on Kies, so presume you used Odin or similar flash programme.
    Using Odin you can flash the firmware you want for your region and your network.
    First have a look at flashing with Odin on this cnet page with video.
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/sams...ased-50007384/

Now go to sammobile.com site and choose your firmware.
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?p...00&r=1#regiona
    Last edited by greenman; 04-23-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    it was OTA update

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doc.zeus View Post
    it was OTA update
    An OTA update is the right one for the phone.
    You can change the firmware, and even go back to Gingerbread, but you would need to connect your phone to a computer via a USB lead and download your firmware from Sammobile or similar site.
    Look at the video link I posted and see if that's what you want to do.

Happy to give more help, but would need your exact phone model and current firmware. To get this dial *#1234# on your dialer.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    thnx alot greenman..........i factory reset my phone and i think its working fine since than, not to mention the camera crash at tyms and wi-fi stuck at tyms leading to crash but than may b ICS has these glitches by default......does it????????

Achievements:
    Level
    When you carried out the factory reset, it would also have been better to clear cache also.
    You would have had to go into Recovery mode to do this, and still worth doing as you won't lose data as with the factory reset.
    Generally the official ICS firmware is stable , although heavy on the battery in it's native form.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information