SkyGO for ICS - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SkyGO for ICS

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    LloydB is on a distinguished road LloydB's Avatar
    Level
    RichH bit of an update, I was on a custom rom but ive gone back to stock ICS LPQ with CF-Root, tried skyGO again but it still just hangs at 0% I can stream the news channel at the bottom, but no other channels, ad blocker is frozen, not getting any error codes, on wifi, do not understand why nothing else would load. I await your response. cheers Lloyd

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    carphog is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Thanks for that Rich can go back to sitting in tesco cafe drinking coffee and watching football rather than pushing the trolly round.

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LloydB View Post
    RichH bit of an update, I was on a custom rom but ive gone back to stock ICS LPQ with CF-Root, tried skyGO again but it still just hangs at 0% I can stream the news channel at the bottom, but no other channels, ad blocker is frozen, not getting any error codes, on wifi, do not understand why nothing else would load. I await your response. cheers Lloyd
    and have you hidden your root using the suggested app. I have CF root and had to hide it from the sky app - its something to do with DRM content, hence you can stream news channel which is free to air.

Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Level
    RichH, I have the root hidden with voodoo but it just wont load, I really dont get as to why not.Deleted app and reinstalled, still no joy, will keep trying as annoyed now as to it not happening.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    I don't understand it either. App is working OK as News channel comes in. The only difference to my setup is your rom so that's all I can think of that would be making the difference. Maybe something to do with how the app sees you IMEI. I'll come back if I think of anything.....

Achievements:
    Level
    Whenever I was trying to load it still had the 0% screen, but on occasion it would flash for a split second, in fact about a 10th of a second with another screen underneath kind of, I have tried replicating this to see what it says but it`s too quick,I logged in and out again of skyGO and I have now got an error code 26, hope this helps, or is this a one off...?

EDIT:Checked out error code on sky and tried their fix but to no avail, i do not have predictive text on, tried step 2 and still nothing, going to give up I think thanks for your help though Rich
    Last edited by LloydB; 04-26-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LloydB View Post
    going to give up I think
    No way are we quitters
    Error 26 actually is probably not due to predictive text - It's probably predictive text that is predicting the wrong user name / password. ie it autocompletes or autocorrects. Just make sure that you can log in on your PC OK and make sure you are 100% putting correct login details to the app. There is an older version of the app (1.2) to try if all else fails but it doesn't appear to be as successful as 1.5...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=129

QR code: http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?c...entid%3D911692
    Last edited by RichH; 04-26-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    Speedway is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    As you may have found out by now, Sky Go is no longer supported by ICS or on any rooted SII. The guys at XDA have been working on this and a hack is available. I've tried it and it works on my SII running 4.0.3. Thought I'd share it with anyone interested.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1329930202
    Click to download .apk and install from file manager.
    You will have to remove any previous install of SkyGo first.....

I've done a bit more research and if you are rooted you will need to temp hide root with this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

Thanks for this, I am not rooted, and am able to use this. Simple download and activation, works a dream!!!
    HOW COME SKY COULD NOT DO THIS, IF THE PEEPS AT XDA CAN DO IT???
    SHAME ON YOU SKY.......
    Speedway

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Sky could do it, if they wanted to and I'm sure they will eventually. They have a deal with apple, apparently which means Android takes second place in their dev routine. The mod to the code in this app is just to trick sky in to thinking your phone is still running GB - I'm not sure why sky are so nervous about it running on ICS though....

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    kieron1066 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I have the same problem, i9100 running Westcrip's Resurrection Remix rom v1.8.1 (ICS 4.0.4, AOKP), with the latest Siyah kernel.
    It will load the loading screen, and then that's it!!
    I can't even get Sky News to stream!!! Have tried with both wifi and 3G.
    Any ideas??

Kieron

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information