ICE CREAM SANDWICH - Share any problems or concerns you encountered after upgrading. - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: ICE CREAM SANDWICH - Share any problems or concerns you encountered after upgrading.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    lucianus_luciferus is on a distinguished road lucianus_luciferus's Avatar
    Level
    i have updated to ics 2 weeks ago. no problems so far. battery use is the same.
    i have done factory reset before and after the update.

BigYin: have you tried to remove and reinstall the email app? btw what email app are we talking about?
    Last edited by lucianus_luciferus; 05-03-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    ««« Samsung Galaxy S2 NFC I9100P »»»

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    I find that emails work better when imported via your gmail account.
    If that is not your preferred choice go to settings > Accounts and sync and select your email account and force a sync to see if this clears the counter.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    glenhoy is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I updated/installed ICS onto my T-Mobile S2 last week and to be totally honest am pretty pissed with it and am seriously not that impressed. Especially with the T-Mobile version. Its added a couple more T-Mobile apps and done away with the previous web browser (which worked good) and installed web'n'walk which totally sucks.

I tried using google chrome beta but it's not that good either. Any one got any suggestions on the best web browser available on the Android Market?

The T-mobile version of ICS seems to be as buggy as sh*t making things freeze up now and then, applications dont work, key presses sometimes require me to almost punch my finger through the screen or hit application icon repeatedly before it registers.

Hopefully T-mobile will get their act together and put together an update fixing all the bugs, but I think hell will most likely have frozen over before this happens.

It also seems that they no longer use H+ as an indication to a fast data connection and replaced it with 3G+ which I am hoping is the same speed as the H+. Anyway know if there's any difference in the data speed.

All in all think that gingerbread worked better then ICS, was less buggy and ran the apps smoother.
    Last edited by glenhoy; 05-04-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    You could always consider flashing an open version of ICS and then you get rid of any TMobile imposed logo's.
    Regarding Chrome Beta - it does take a little getting used to, and for the functions , probably the best there is.
    Don't see why you can't install the stock browser, but have to look into that .

PS You're not the only one who preferred Gingerbread, and it's possible to go back to it, but again it would have to be flashed via Odin (no big deal)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    glenhoy is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Thanks greenman.

For flashing an open version of ICS is that done through Odin? AM guessing not through Kies.

The thing that I noticed with Chome Beta is that a lot of web sites that have flash videos (or at least I think its flash player video) won't allow you to play them. At one point it said that my adobe flash player needed updating but when I visited the site it wouldn't allow me to update. Any suggestions.

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Update flash player through Google Play. You need an update for flash to work in ICS.....

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by glenhoy View Post

For flashing an open version of ICS is that done through Odin? AM guessing not through Kies.
    Yes. you will need Odin (far,far better than Kies) and nip along to sammobile to find your download.
    If you want to stick to TMobile look for this:
    I9100BOKK1 ## 2.3.6 2011 November I9100TMUKJ2 United Kingdom (T-Mobile)

Here's sammobile site: http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?p...00&r=1#regiona

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    andytvcams is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Can i change back to ginger bread? and if so how
    My phone is on orange contract and its not rooted.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    centaurion is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hi there. This is my first post here.
    I have discovered a problem with the ICS version.
    Its all about contact addresses. On my S2 when I still had version 2.3.6 I could sync contacts and have all the address fields.
    Since version 4.0.3 when trying to sync Outlook (via Kies) I get a message that only one field will sync So I lose parts of my contacts addresses.
    These fields do not seem to be taken in account.
    I found that in ICS 4.0.3 you only get one field into wich you have to write the complete address. This doesn't allow after words to use the GPS localization.
    I then tried to see if with Gmail it would work. NOPE...
    So it is now possible to create a contact on the phone, but you have to get on a computer to make the changes in Gmail to get the address completed correctly in each field.
    If you vreate it in Gmail and sync you get the complete address on the phone in one field. (but not the ther way around).
    This is more than annoying.
    Aftre all if the phone is to be used as a PDA then all this information should be able to be written directly on the phone.
    Never imagined to be on holiday, meet new people, write down their contact information, and then have to find a computer to get the data right.
    Anybody have an idea on why Google with Android has made this mess? And how to ibnform them, as well as how to find a solution?

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by andytvcams View Post
    Can i change back to ginger bread? and if so how
    My phone is on orange contract and its not rooted.
    The answer to your question is YES.
    I have done it and currently back on GB, but it has to be done via Odin not via Kies.
    It does not need your phone to be rooted.
    Do you want the Orange Gingerbread? If so go to Sammobile.com and download this file and unzip it on your computer.

I9100BVKL1 2.3.6 2012 April I9100ORALB1 United Kingdom (Orange)
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?p...00&r=1#regiona

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information