Hi, I'm new to these forums so please forgive me if I contravene any forum etiquette
I have a SGSII which went for a little swim a few weeks back. It fell into a sink full of water but could have only been in there for a second. Phone was working when I pulled it out and I swiftly pulled out the battery and set about drying it.
The phone eventually started up but these are my problems
1. The phone massively overheats as soon as you put the battery in. It doesnt even have to be switched on. Part of the motherboard is seriously overheating. If you look at the back of the phone, on the right hand side, about 2 thirds of the way down, this seems to be where the heat is coming from. I have to pull the battery after about a minute in fear of meltdown.
2. I charged the battery in a friend's phone and when I tried switching on, it fires up fine (apart from the same overheat problem) but it tells me to connect the battery charger and shows the battery as being almost drained when I know this is not the case. Everything seems to be there such as messages and all media.
3. The clock says its 0:00 and the date is 1 January. Im not sure whether this is because the battery has been out for so long or because it's fried.
Im tempted to send it off to samsung to have a look at even if it is outside of the warranty. I'd rather spend a bit of money getting it fixed rather than flog it on ebay.
However, I was wondering whether anyone had any thoughts of suggestions as to what might be causing the overheat and whether it is worth trying to get repaired.
Thanks for your thoughts and assistance in advance.