usb on the go - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: usb on the go

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    FastFred is on a distinguished road
    Level

usb on the go

After the software upgrade via kies a couple of weeks ago I can't see my memory stick in gallery and when I view it via astrodome it won't scroll the pictures and they have to be viewed one by one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    I do not know astrodome. Is it an app, and if so has it been updated to ICS? As this could be the problem.

Otherwise if you came from Gingerbread to ICS then these kind of problems can happen unless you carry out a full wipe.

Back up, and carry out a factory reset.
    Best done from Recovery - Hold Volume up+Menu + Power until in Recovery screen. Use volume button to select Factory reset/clear data. Then clear cache before rebooting.
    You will have to reinstall apps, and restore contacts if they are saved to phone. No problem if they are synced from an email account or saved to sim card.
    Last edited by greenman; 04-14-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class3 months registered
    Level
    Sorry that was a typo, should have said Astrofile manager.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    Ok, got that. Text prediction is great when it predicts the text you want. LOL
    It does appear that the firmware update has caused some conflict.
    The best way I can think of to resolve this is to transfer the contents of your sd card either to phone or computer.
    Now reformat sd card in your phone.
    Return sd card contents.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks, sorry to be dim but do you mean erase the onboard usb storage and then reload that or the actual SD card I bought?

Achievements:
    Level
    Any help appreciated thanks..

Achievements:
    Level
    Sorry FF, missed your reply.
    Yes, save your external sd contents and format it.
    Now restore your files to it.

if this doesn't work then try what I said originally and carry out a factory restore and wipe cache.
    Factory restore can be carried out from your phone Settings, but wipe cache has to be done via Recovery mode.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks. I copoes the SD card and erased it but my S2 just shows unmount card and remount card but no reformat option?

Also I don't understand why it couldn't see pictures on the USB on the go/memory stick? How is that linked to the external SD card? Dioes it temporarily use/exchange that memory when viewing the USB on the go?

Achievements:
    Level
    Sorry FF, I've not fully understood your problem.
    I was reading your use of memory stick as meaning the sdcard, but that is clearly not the case.
    To try and clarify, are you trying to read from a device connected to your S2?
    If so, what is the device and how is it connected to your S2.

This may be an issue similar to connecting an S2 to a media player via a usb by beerlover.
    http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/show...in-van-problem

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Greeman. I am trying to read a USB 2 memory stick attached to my USB on the go (the title of this post) connector which previously worked and allowed me to scroll thro' the pictures in the Astrofile manager. Also I now can't see the pictires from the same USB 2 stick in gallery?

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information