charging paused voltage too high - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: charging paused voltage too high

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    I'll say it all again........ If carefully cleaning fluff/debris from the charging port doesn't fix the issue it is because the port is damaged. IT IS A HARDWARE FAULT !!!!
    No amount of flashing/reflashing will help. You might get a temporary fix by carefully bending the centre pin inside the port upwards (towards the screen side of the phone), but any effects will be TEMPORARY.
    Tou need a new charge port ribbon cable. They are less than £10 off ebay. If you are not confident about changing this yourself you will have to send it off to be fixed.
    In future take care how you insert and remove the charger or USB cable.
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    herbertpug is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hi All, I am a newbie to here, but have been a hardware engineer for line/ DMP/ laser printers / laptops / desktops / SAN's / SPARC / Intel servers for 25+ years.. I have a rooted SGS2 I9100 with standard ICS and been getting this message recently... (even when not plugged in) "voltage too high. Charging Paused". Up until 2 weeks ago, it was in the car when it was plugged into the 12v supply, and only when decelerating (thought it was due to a surge). Recently, been doing it all the time, even when not plugged in.
    Thought about the battery circuitry, and ran a pencil lead (graphite) over all the battery contacts (I have been using a mix of Samsung and Ankher Batteries). Also ran the lead pencil end over the four phone battery contacts. The problem has not reappeared for the last 2 hours when previously it was every 4 minutes. Worth a try for £0.01p?
    Please let us all know if it works..

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    mikthor is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Have had the charging paused voltage too high error for a week. Upgraded to ics about 2 months ago. hard reset, cleaned usb but problem still returned. Eventually got the courage to gently insert flat tip screwdriver between the flange and the back of the usb port and lifted the flange forward. error ceased immediately and has not returned yet. have ordered a new port / ribbon cable from ebay (just in case)
    this utube video describes the process of replacement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aChzv3IzxsU

coconutz247 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    i got the same high "voltage/charging paused" messages after upgrading to ICS. i apparently fixed the problem by disabling ALL the power saving modes. gud luk. coconutz247

bdz1k is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I too have had the same issues on my S2. Ive had ICS on for a few weeks so I doubted it was the issue.

Mine is still under Samsung warranty though (not ATT service), so I called Samsung they set me up with a prepaid UPS shipping as well as free return shipping.

It took a week for the repair.

They replaced the USB component at no charge.

I'm happy with the whole service I received with Samsung here in the states. The call center and repair center are both here and its nice talking and working with someone in your own county and language.

aajones is on a distinguished road
    Level

Wink It Worked!

Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    I'll say it all again........ If carefully cleaning fluff/debris from the charging port doesn't fix the issue it is because the port is damaged. IT IS A HARDWARE FAULT !!!!
    No amount of flashing/reflashing will help. You might get a temporary fix by carefully bending the centre pin inside the port upwards (towards the screen side of the phone), but any effects will be TEMPORARY.
    Tou need a new charge port ribbon cable. They are less than £10 off ebay. If you are not confident about changing this yourself you will have to send it off to be fixed.
    Thank you Rich. It seemed reasonable that this was a hardware problem, not a software problem, so I was hesitant to start flashing or downloading. I took the advise of another and gently bent the pin upward with a small flathead screwdriver and it has ceased giving me the mssg. I will look into purchasing a new port cable but in the meantime I am so grateful my phone has stopped beeping and giving me that mssg.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    SabrinaMichelle is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I have also been having the problem with that error message, however now my phone will not charge. I am told that it will take $100 to fix the charging port. I am purchasing the materials to o this myself. My only question is: Can anyone offer instructions on how to replace it seeing as how I have not found any on the web? It is a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S2 SPH-D710. It is flashed to Boost Mobile (not that I think that this matters)

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Youtube link in post #33 above
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    SabrinaMichelle is on a distinguished road
    Level

Question

Youtube link in post #33 above
    I checked the link but am still unsure seeing as how that particular S2 is a different model than mine. I have the SPH-D710 model and I searched the web to see if I just need to replace the little metal part of my charging port, or if I would need the whole usb flex piece. I just wanted to make sure which part I needed. Seeing as how they are both pretty cheap, if I can't find the answer I will just buy both.

SmilinVamp is on a distinguished road
    Level

I agree! The only way to fix my Galaxy s2 was to swap out the USB board. It was quite a simple (and cheap) fix.
    If you'd like to see how I did it, I have posted my "how-to"

http://techmaester.blogspot.ca/p/repair.html

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information