charging paused voltage too high - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: charging paused voltage too high

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    ashey is on a distinguished road
    Level

Angry charging paused voltage too high

Hi to one and all

im new to all this so please becareful with me.

my dad has just developed a problem with his Galaxy s2 since he has had it unlocked by a local phone shop - the problems are.

when the phone is in use a warning screen comes up saying charging paused voltage too high .

2. when in use and switch it off - it will then restart it self by showing a empty battery and a small circle for a few seconds and then switch to the green battery.

3. when it is plugged into the charger it will charge charging with the above actions but it is difficult to turn it and sometimes will not turn on.

4. sometimes when it has charged and been unplugged the warning does not come on , but something is not right as it will not turn off and stay off.

i have tried the following

1. cleaned the usb port/ charging port
    2. tried a new battery
    3. tried a another mains charger.

is this something that i can do ie a software problem or will i need to take it to phone shop.

i have installed kies on laptop windows 7 and would you believe i cant get it to reconise the phone.no drivers reconised.

As i typed thisjust charged it and disconnected the phone and the warning as not come up 9

spec of phone

1.model - gt 19100
    2Android version 4.0.3
    3.baseband version 19100xxlpq
    4 kernel version 3.0.15-19100xxlpq-cl223505 se .infra@sep-94#3
    5.build number iml74k.xx;pq

please beware i am no teccie , so i wuld be very grateful for a full explanation on how to install software should it be required.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    I've read of this problem with a bad flash.
    Who put on the ICS version LPQ? and did they carry out a factory reset and cleared cache if coming from gingerbread?
    If your phone is OK then the battery calibration has rectified itself, if not then you may have to reflash the phone again.

PS Not at all surprised Kies does not recognise your phone.
    Did it actually install drivers when connected?
    Haven't got Windows 7, but you need to look in Device manager for any errors.
    In XP it's in Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassTagger First Class7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Jejoma will become famous soon enough Jejoma will become famous soon enough Jejoma's Avatar
    Level
    It does sound like it needs re-flashing. Can you take it back to whoever unlocked it?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks I have taken it to a diffrent shop where they going to reflash it

I hate taking to the shop though if is something that I could do with a little help from others

I hope I don't get ripped off but the bloke said he wouldn't charge me of it didn't work

Ps would I be able to flash it and how is done

What other alternative is there to use other than kies

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ashey View Post
    Thanks I have taken it to a diffrent shop where they going to reflash it

I hate taking to the shop though if is something that I could do with a little help from others

I hope I don't get ripped off but the bloke said he wouldn't charge me of it didn't work

Ps would I be able to flash it and how is done

What other alternative is there to use other than kies
    If you can follow instructions and are reasonably competent then yes you could flash your dad's phone.
    Have a look at this video and instructions to show how:
    http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-pho...y-s2-50006766/

PS If your dad's phone was working before the unlock then the repair should be carried out for free anyway, if you've taken it back to the same person.
    Last edited by greenman; 04-11-2012 at 05:25 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to greenman For This Useful Post:

ashey (04-11-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    If you can follow instructions and are reasonably competent then yes you could flash your dad's phone.
    Have a look at this video and instructions to show how:
    http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-pho...y-s2-50006766/

PS If your dad's phone was working before the unlock then the repair should be carried out for free anyway, if you've taken it back to the same person.
    t was working before the unlock however i found out a bit more history of it it would appear that it was thrown against a wall in frusration by my brother which damaged the back cover of the phone albeit it was still working when my dad took control of it ...the problems seem to develop since it been unlocked and taken to the shop .. however i would not be able to prove this against this shop because they saw my dad coming was the phrase.

i have taken it to another shop ...and the man did say it looked bent near the usb area , albeit he did not know it had been used as a missile against a wall.

i do not know if it is a hardware problem or software ..i shall find out friday ... i just hope that the shop dont pull the wool over my eyes telling me it is broken and they would like to buy it as spares , because i may just doubt them as the handset as i understand it is an expensive one working or not

Achievements:
    Level
    That does but a different light on the problem. As you say it could a hardware rather than software problem with that history. Surprised it wan't noticed prior to the unlock, as it would have been evident pretty soon after the 'launch'.
    You're right about not letting it go - presumably you are thinking to pay for the aborted repair. A 'damaged for repair' phone can coomand a decent price on ebay especially if screen and surround in good condition. People even pay for an S2 box, presumably so they can sell a phone with it for a higher price.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    Maddog1974 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I was getting that message sometimes also, then it got worse and eventually was a pig to get to charge or if i unplugged the charger it would still show charging. Also my phone would stay turned off and it was the micro usb port that was dirty. Used an inter-dental 0.5mm toothbrush with some alcohol hand wash to give it a good clean and after an hour or so all was fine and has been for 4 days now.... Might be worth another scrub if the flash doest cure it!

Towards the end i was getting other problems with 'Car kit mode enabled' and Vlingo voice activation starting on it's own as well and flattening the battery very quickly.

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ashey View Post
    t was working before the unlock however i found out a bit more history of it it would appear that it was thrown against a wall in frusration by my brother which damaged the back cover of the phone albeit it was still working when my dad took control of it ...the problems seem to develop since it been unlocked and taken to the shop .. however i would not be able to prove this against this shop because they saw my dad coming was the phrase.

i have taken it to another shop ...and the man did say it looked bent near the usb area , albeit he did not know it had been used as a missile against a wall.

i do not know if it is a hardware problem or software ..i shall find out friday ... i just hope that the shop dont pull the wool over my eyes telling me it is broken and they would like to buy it as spares , because i may just doubt them as the handset as i understand it is an expensive one working or not

well an update -

collected my phone from the shop the man charged me £30 just to reflash it , then said it has had it on charge for a day and half and the warnings were not coming up. guess what ? you guessed it when i got it home and then had to charge it . it was fine until took the charger out of the phone and the same problems occurred.

man in shop did say that there was a problem with the connect of boa rd pushing aginst the on/off switch and we agreed to see how it would go.

phone taken back shop again , the man indicated there must be a fault around the usb connect board and he wil have another look.

guys the question is am i flogging a dead horse and should i cut my loses ??

Achievements:
    Level
    You're into open phone surgery, and as it's at the shop the expensive part (labour) will be carried out. Parts will be minimal.
    As the guy misdiagnosed before I would be looking for that cost to be taken off final bill.

Flashing costs nothing in materials and takes 2 minutes for anyone who's done it before.
    So at a rate of £600 per hour he should be willing to give a discount on final cost.
    Last edited by greenman; 04-14-2012 at 03:18 PM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information