Hi to one and all
im new to all this so please becareful with me.
my dad has just developed a problem with his Galaxy s2 since he has had it unlocked by a local phone shop - the problems are.
when the phone is in use a warning screen comes up saying charging paused voltage too high .
2. when in use and switch it off - it will then restart it self by showing a empty battery and a small circle for a few seconds and then switch to the green battery.
3. when it is plugged into the charger it will charge charging with the above actions but it is difficult to turn it and sometimes will not turn on.
4. sometimes when it has charged and been unplugged the warning does not come on , but something is not right as it will not turn off and stay off.
i have tried the following
1. cleaned the usb port/ charging port
2. tried a new battery
3. tried a another mains charger.
is this something that i can do ie a software problem or will i need to take it to phone shop.
i have installed kies on laptop windows 7 and would you believe i cant get it to reconise the phone.no drivers reconised.
As i typed thisjust charged it and disconnected the phone and the warning as not come up 9
spec of phone
1.model - gt 19100
2Android version 4.0.3
3.baseband version 19100xxlpq
4 kernel version 3.0.15-19100xxlpq-cl223505 se .infra@sep-94#3
5.build number iml74k.xx;pq
please beware i am no teccie , so i wuld be very grateful for a full explanation on how to install software should it be required.