Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    caaretho is on a distinguished road
    Level

Problems viewing texts

Hi There,

Really hoping someone can shine some light on my recent problem.

I have recently dropped my phone and cracked the screen, everything has been fine for the last couple of days until today. My phone turned itself off and then back on again. It had reset the date to 01/01/2005 and the time to 00.00 since this when I receive texts and go to view them they are not there. I get taken to the message app but can't see the messages...

Hoping someone can help.....ps. phone is awaiting repair for cracked screen.

Many thanks in advance Cabaretho

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    If you have already sent the phone off for repair, taking for granted it's at a Samsung repair centre (CPW) and not being fixed by a mate, then the chances are that they will carry out a factory reset and at worse install new firmware on your phone. This will mean you may lose your text messages anyway, unless you have backed them up some how.

Wait till you get the phone back.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    caaretho is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hey.

It hasn't been sent off yet,

Filled in forms just waiting for Insurance company to get back to me. Was gonna do a factory reset but realised tonight my phone won't connect to Kies. Therefore I can't save my contacts.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Hi. Are you using the stock message app or one downloaded from the market? Also what exactly can you see when you access the message app, can you still choose options from the menu?

You could try MyPhoneExplorer or download something that backs them up for you?

MPH allows backup of SMS over wireless network, so might work for you.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 427
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by caaretho:57674
    Hey.

It hasn't been sent off yet,

Filled in forms just waiting for Insurance company to get back to me. Was gonna do a factory reset but realised tonight my phone won't connect to Kies. Therefore I can't save my contacts.
    You can export thr contacts to your sim card, that way they are there ready when you get your phone back.

Alison

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information