Help!!! Bad signal again now i have gone to official ICS - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help!!! Bad signal again now i have gone to official ICS

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class31 days registered
    sferg.410 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Help!!! Bad signal again now i have gone to official ICS

I will just first quote from an older post of mine...
    'low signal with ICS LPB????
    i have been using LP2 which had fixed my poor signal problem in the area that i live and always had with gingerbread, just installed this LPB and and my signal just crashed again to about 1 or 2 bars like it did with gingerbread!! anyone else had this problem?'

So that was my problem, things seemed to work great signal wise with LP2, but there were other bugs. Now i have installed the official Polish version of ICS LPQ and the signal problems have started being bad again with people saying it is a bad line with nearly all calls i make from home. People never said that when i was running LP2.
    My signal strength right now reads -79dBm 16asu. But the signal varies a lot.

Someone once suggested in the past when i had installed LPB, just install the LP2 modem file which i did thinking what a great idea, but it made no difference.

So what I am asking here is there anyway i can get back the good signal system that i seemed to have when running LP2, on my official Polish version ICS LPQ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Strange one, my signal has improved with ICS over GB !

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    There are a number of factors in play here,
    1. Network signal strength for you area - could simply be that your chosen network carrier doesn't have a strong signal where you are.
    2. Good sim contact - if signal is good and falls off it's worth removing sim and blowing out the contact area.
    Remove battery and leave out for 10 minutes for any residual memory to leak.
    When you resinstall sim and battery you get a 'cleaner' network link.
    3. As you've mentioned, some modem's work better in some geographic areas and with different networks. Worth looking at he modem that your network operator uses with ICS.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class31 days registered
    Level
    well like i tried to explain.. signal was always bad at home with GB until i put on ICS LP2, had looked at previous versions of ICS and ones after LPB etc, but everyone just sent the signal to shit again. Just reinstalled the LP2 modem file (or LP1 as it says in file) but signal is still poor.
    My signal is good, i am within half a mile of a tower for Orange. SIM seems fine.
    I just dont understand if LP2 gave a good signal, why do i not get a good signal when i put the LP2 modem file back on the phone??

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by sferg.410 View Post
    well like i tried to explain.. signal was always bad at home with GB until i put on ICS LP2, had looked at previous versions of ICS and ones after LPB etc, but everyone just sent the signal to shit again. Just reinstalled the LP2 modem file (or LP1 as it says in file) but signal is still poor.
    My signal is good, i am within half a mile of a tower for Orange. SIM seems fine.
    I just dont understand if LP2 gave a good signal, why do i not get a good signal when i put the LP2 modem file back on the phone??
    Doesn't make a lot of sense, except to say that the modem does not work entirely independent of the rest of the firmware.
    Will be interesting to see what modem Orange release with their ICS, as that may be the one for you.

Achievements:
    Level
    will be interesting Greenman, only problem is, Orange being Orange, will probably be summer 2013 before they release anything!!!
    in the meantime i will try the modems for LP6, LPB, LPH and LPJ. If they all fail to improve things then either back to the the Polish LPQ or try a new clean install of LP2 and maybe it will be less buggy......

would using the official orange gingerbread modem work or would that file not work with ICS?

Achievements:
    Level
    well just tried them all, all the same result.. best dBm around -81, worst -105!!! tends to hang around the -90 mark...
    dont think i have the seperate LPQ modem file, so maybe back up time back to LP2 to see if signal is better... if so, full clean and wipe and full LP2 install again i think.

Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by sferg.410 View Post
    will be interesting Greenman, only problem is, Orange being Orange, will probably be summer 2013 before they release anything!!!
    in the meantime i will try the modems for LP6, LPB, LPH and LPJ. If they all fail to improve things then either back to the the Polish LPQ or try a new clean install of LP2 and maybe it will be less buggy......

would using the official orange gingerbread modem work or would that file not work with ICS?
    A I said the modem doesn't work completely independently of the firmware.
    Saying that, if you have had a modem before that gave a particularly good network signal give it a try.
    There is a modem specially prepared by Orange for their network (NEKF2) that was developed under Gingerbread.
    Don't know if it will be any better in ICS.
    Have a look here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1277593

Achievements:
    Level
    none of those worked either Greenman so, i did a clean install of LP2 and guess what, strong signal again readings of 0 dBm 97 asu!!!! 0dBm!!
    i am beyond confused....

Achievements:
    Level
    Of the beta releases I also found LP2 to be the best.
    Like you, I don't understand why you can't get a strong signal by combining the LP2 modem with LPQ.
    But if it's working for you, why change.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information