Problem removing non existent text message! - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem removing non existent text message!

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    janetsilver is on a distinguished road
    Level

Problem removing non existent text message!

I made a donation to charity through my mobile and received an automated response by text thanking me for the donation.

I deleted the message, but the little number 1 still shows in the corner of the yellow envelope in the start up screen, and every time I go into the texts for another reason, the little white envelope reappears at the top of my screen telling me the message is still there. I keep deleting the white envelope message but the number 1 is still there on the yellow envelope and it is really irritating as I keep thinking I have a new message! Does anyone know how to remove this already deleted message?? Any help very much appreciated! (And I hope you can understand my question!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic's Avatar
    Level
    Are you sure its not email? My google mail appears as a white envelope.
    SGSIII
    Unlocked
    O2 Rooted

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks Swipermusic - Ive still got a little orange "1" in the yellow text box at the bottom. And whenever I pull down the white envelope at the top it refers to the text rather than an email?

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic's Avatar
    Level
    When you scroll through your message folders are there any no. 1's appearing at the side of any of them?
    SGSIII
    Unlocked
    O2 Rooted

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    No, none at all, and when I scroll down the white envelope at the top it says the message is the charity reply, but when I try to open it, it takes me instantly to the facility to reply to a message rather than the actual message it relates to. I can delete this but only temporarily as the moment I go back into my texts for any reason, the white envelope reappears again at the top of the screen. Meanwhile the orange number 1 stays permanently.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Could it be a message that has been saved to the simcard, maybe by accident?

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks Tufftoad - Ive deleted all messages saved to the SIM and they are all gone. The orange 1 is still there!!! I searched my messages for the charity name and it does bring up the one message, but again when I open it I am taken straight to the reply option rather than being able to view the message direct. i tried holding my thumb on the message to see if I get an option to delete the thread but nothing happens.

Achievements:
    Level
    Have you tried deleting it before opening?
    From home screen press messages then delete threads and delete it?
    Last edited by Swipermusic; 03-27-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    SGSIII
    Unlocked
    O2 Rooted

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    Ive tried that - the problem is, the message itself is nowhere to be seen in text messages. I can only see part of the first line of the message if I search but then when I hold my finger on it, I get no delete options, if I press it to open it, there is no actual message. I know its a silly thing, but it really is driving me mad it saying there is one message when I know there isnt!!

Achievements:
    Level
    Sorry am stumped now maybe someone else can help. Good luck.
    SGSIII
    Unlocked
    O2 Rooted

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Swipermusic For This Useful Post:

janetsilver (03-28-2012)

13. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information