[SGS] Samsung Galaxy s owners help - Need some nv_data information - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Samsung Galaxy s owners help - Need some nv_data information

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    marval111 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Samsung Galaxy s owners help - Need some nv_data information

Samsung Galaxy s owners help - Need some nv_data information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a fix for restoring product code back to original for the Galaxy s and need some hex code info to make sure i convert the fix properly.

I am asking any willing UK Galaxy s GTI9000 owners (preferably unlocked)

to download the free market app HEX EDIT and report some info for me.

What i need to know is the Hex code for 4 specific lines of your correct nv_data.bin

1. Use Hex Editor App from market (free)
    2. Open the nv_data file (once in hex editor use capacitive menu button to get to options)
    3. Goto the options again and JUMP TO line 0188008 will take you to line 00188008. Will need the data from it and three other lines you will see below it.

There will 8 block of data between the line # and the text at the right that you reposted. Please post the #'s/letters for each corresponding block so i can ensure that i convert properly.

00188008 | | | | | | | | |
    00188010 | | | | | | | | |
    00188018 | | | | | | | | |
    00188020 | | | | | | | | |

what i would need is the two numeral/letter codes for each of the blocks listed next to corresponding line #'s. Each line has 8 blocks. Also the text to the far right of the final block would help as well.

if preferred you can provide this data in a PM
    If you don't want to manually transcribe the data over to a message you could snap a screen shot of the hex editor with these lines visible and post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points
    Level
    Anyone please?

Achievements:
    Level
    Come on guys, need some help here, community/forum spirit and all that.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Have you posted your request at XDA Forums? You may get a better response from them.

I saw the post myself and didn't really want to mess with the product code. I myself understand that the program itself may not effect the file it's editing but is used to get the required Hex Code.

I get the impression that most members of this forum are not very technical minded and come here for advice, there are only a handful of technical people here which is why I mentioned the XDA forums.

Achievements:
    Level
    Oh I see, thanks for that info, I've posted on XDA as well but so far had nil response, at least on here someones come back to me even if its not with what I'm after :-)

Cheers.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quite busy this weekend but will give it a go tonight if I can make time.

Achievements:
    Level
    That would be most appreciated.

Achievements:
    Level
    So here you go:

00188008 2e 38 30 30 00 00 00 4b
    00188010 4f 52 00 00 00 00 47 54
    00188018 2d 49 39 30 30 30 48 4b
    00188020 44 4b 4f 52 00 00 00 00

Just saw the bit at the end bit and have already uninstalled the app.

Achievements:
    Level
    You sir, are a scholar and a gentlemen, I'll let you know how I fare asap.

Cheers again.

11. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information