Looking for a Metal case that supports extended battery - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a Metal case that supports extended battery

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassTagger First Class
    netman86 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Looking for a Metal case that supports extended battery

Hello, everyone!
    I've just gotten my first ever Android device.

My first ever smartphone was a blackberry- I loved that phone. Despite its quirks it took such a beating every day and never failed me. 10 flights of stairs? Just pop the battery back in...

A new job found me assigned with an iphone, which was awful. I just bought a back-alley android (and havn't told my coworkers yet) but slapped my SIM in and its running great so far- loads of fun and some amazing features. I feel like I've been living in the dark ages until now.

Anyway, I've got the galaxy s2- its a t-mobile brand, and I've noticed that the camera is below the flash rather than next to it- which seems to be uncommon for the s2... What's up with that? At any rate, this plastic chassis does NOT feel like it will withstand my daily abuse. I've found some aluminum cases, but they're all for the standard back cover- I'm not sure how well this battery will hold up, but I can't always get to a charger and I'm not a fan of taking apart my super strong case to swap out batteries when I get out of work- it was a big source of frustration with the apple product, having no removable battery.

Anyways, I thought this might be the place to check. I've read some good things about a (mugen?) battery here, and at $100 I find it steep, but for the battery life claims it sounds worth it. My only problem is the lack of a metal case!

Have any of you seen a metal case for an extended battery?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registeredTagger Second Class
    droidobzen is on a distinguished road
    Level
    There is also a smaller extended battery by Mugen for 2000mAh.
    The brand is very good, so it will definitely improve your battery life, plus it is an original replacement, so it fits the original backdoor, the case problem will be easier to solve.
    For 3900mAh it makes a phone really huge. I doubt it will be easy to find a metal case that fits. good luck

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Beb is on a distinguished road
    Level

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    GGN is on a distinguished road
    Level
    By the way, this thread brings a question to mind: does metal cases really affect signal reception? I specifically avoided metal cases for my SGS II due to a previous experience with metal cases a few years ago, which might have been a placebo effect, but this thread got me interested in metal cases again.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Gixxerman001 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I have been wondering similar netman86, although my preference is for gel protective cases (and on my last phone it was wrapped in a gel case & then persuaded into a leather flip case).

I got a 3500mAH battery with plastic case but drew a blank at any additional protection for the phone with it on so I bought a "GOLD 2500mAH BATTERY SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 S 2 II I9100 + CAR CHARGER" from that auction site for £8.
    It fits the standard case & has a 2yr guarantee.
    So all the normal protection kit ought to be fine with the phone.

Between the standard battery & the 2 bigger ones and a Powergen boost pack I think (I hope) I have covered the phones battery achilles heal!

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Joey will become famous soon enough
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerman001 View Post
    I have been wondering similar netman86, although my preference is for gel protective cases (and on my last phone it was wrapped in a gel case & then persuaded into a leather flip case).

I got a 3500mAH battery with plastic case but drew a blank at any additional protection for the phone with it on so I bought a "GOLD 2500mAH BATTERY SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 S 2 II I9100 + CAR CHARGER" from that auction site for £8.
    It fits the standard case & has a 2yr guarantee.
    So all the normal protection kit ought to be fine with the phone.

Between the standard battery & the 2 bigger ones and a Powergen boost pack I think (I hope) I have covered the phones battery achilles heal!
    It fits the standard case because the only 2500mAH about it is the sticker on the battery.

Achievements:
    Level
    Oh dear, really?

How can I check it myself? I'm not saying I don't believe you it would be handy to know how to check (any of) them.
    I suppose I should have bought Mugen.
    Last edited by Gixxerman001; 06-20-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Achievements:
    Level
    S*d it, just to 'belt & braces' it I got the official Samsung 2000mAH battery, it wasn't the cheapest battery I ever bought but I suppose with it you only buy once.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information