Thread: Emoticons

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassTagger First Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    csm84 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Emoticons

Hey , I just bought a Samsung galaxy s2 and i am trying to figure out how to get emoticons on the keyboard. Before this phone i had an iphone 4 and i assumed that the galaxy worked in the same way as you just download an emoticon app from the app market and then they were on your keyboard. Tried that a few times in the Market but it didnt put the emoticons in the keyboard. Instead it was a completely different text messaging app all together. Would be nice if i could get them on the keyboard that comes with the galaxy instead of a completely different text messaging app. I saw the if you hold down the period button you get a few smilies but they are just the ones like this for example =) =P . Thanks for any help. By the way the phone seems pretty awesome. Loving the bigger screen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    I think you may need to download a 3rd party SMS application in order to get a drop down list of emoticons.

Since the iOS developers have only one phone to develop for they can tailor make their software how they wish. Android phones have a lot more different OS versions and phone models so basic apps that come with the system have to be quite basic.

Edit: IMO

4. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information