Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    qwertyuiop is on a distinguished road
    Level

battery problems

Hello,

I bought the samsung galaxy s2 last week and have had problems with the battery since the day I bought it. The battery icon on the screen does not tell me how much battery is left - it is always full, and so I have no way of knowing when the phone is about to die. When the battery does die, the phone shuts off completely, i cannot make anything show on the screen, so I plug in the charger and a battery icon with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark appears. After I have left it like this for a couple of hours, the only way I can turn the phone back on is to take out the battery and put it in again, and it seems to be fully charged, though still only lasts 9hrs and I have to do it all again.

Is there something I should be doing?? Any help would be greatly appreciated as the nearest telstra shop to me is 400km away so I won't be able to get back there within the 30 days before the warranty runs out, and I will be stuck with this phone for the next 24 months!

thanks!

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    There is another thread on here running about the same issue. If you use the search function you may find it. I can't remember the outcome but it is probably firmware version related...

3. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information