strange issue with screen - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: strange issue with screen

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    arcenist is on a distinguished road
    Level

strange issue with screen

i have this problem that no matter what wallpapers i use on my S2, if they arent the S2's stock wallpapers they look like crap, really pixelly and blocky.

for an example, i used the wallpapers from the droid razr that i posted a request for earlier and they look beautiful on my laptops screen but as soon as i move them over to the phone (with kies) they look like crap.....

its almost like the photos are being compressed.... ive even sent over a few 1080p papers and had the same problem.....

ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    When a wallpaper looks pixelly and blocky it's usually down to the wrong resolution. Ideally the wallpaper for the Galaxy S1 & 2 should be 960x800 for best resolution.

I find that if the wallpaper is not the same resolution then it will look like it's poor quality.

Also do not use Kies to transfer any media at all, this is a strict rule which I encourage others to use. Kies can convert data in music and pics without you realising. It's also an extra lengthy process, just connect direct to your PC using USB Storage mode.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    arcenist is on a distinguished road
    Level
    i actually discovered that Kies was compressing the files.... need to check my music now as well.... but yea, i am doing either bluetooth transfers or usb transfers now and the papers look much better

WTH would Kies do that?!?!? like.... what retard programmed that in?!?!?!?!?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Welcome to the Kies Hate Club

It also change the bit rate of mp3's so do give it a check.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information