Deleting email accounts - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deleting email accounts

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    bairn7 is on a distinguished road

Deleting email accounts

Hi

I have a really annoying problem with my Galaxy S. I had added my 2 hotmail accounts but now every time I switch on the phone, I get a message saying there is a new email and I can't get rid of the icon at the top of the screen.

One of my hotmail accounts shows 4 unread messages that don't change to read when opened. When I delete them, the message below changes to unread!

So I've had enough. Its a small thing but its really annoying! I just want to delete my email accounts from my phone. But I can't find the option to do this, can anyone help?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic's Avatar
    Level
    In the account list screen, press and hold the hotmail account should bring up a menu where you can delete the email account.
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy I9100 Unlocked/ Rooted
    Network: O2 UK
    Baseband version: I9100XXLPQ

Junior Member stateit is on a distinguished road stateit's Avatar
    And then... if you deleted what was the inital account you set up, when you reopen 'email', it opens onto a black screen, and you have to navigate via 'accounts' soft button to your other account.

Or that's my experience having deleted the pop account I initailly set up when i got my phone. I'd already set up another account to deal with stuff I wanted delivered to my phone (yep, I've got lots of mailboxes spread around several servers).

Now I've deleted the original account, I can't access the remaining account without jumping through a black screen and several hoops.

Not good.

Any workarounds I've not found yet ? (probably down to my stupidity and newbieness on android )

...And another thing...

What's a favoured replacement for the stock email app? And would I get the same problem?

Well, after 1/2 a day using Seven for Android, I'm chuffed to bits.

Have frozen GMail and the stock Email app with Titanium proir to uninstalling, and all seems to run Ok without them.

I was running K-9 from yesterday evening as well, but hate the boring UI (bit like GMail)

Both K-9 and Seven are Push, but Seven seems to be able to tie up as many accounts as you want neatly, in a really good interface.

And it's got an icon that fits in well with the rest of the bunch.

Most impressed.

Google 'Seven Beta program', register, and download (by selecting 'All' for provider and then 'Android' for device)

[edit] Not impressed that freezing GMail seems to have 'frozen' Market downloads, though...[/edit]
    Last edited by stateit; 08-10-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0%
    Krug is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hi How did you get round the black screen? I have this on my hotmail. I am not quite sure what happened on my phone - I was entering a pin code and it wouldnt accept it. After 5 tries it then told me it was using the emergency code and an email was sent to my account. This did not occur so I tried what I thought was the password and the phone wnet back to a set up. I didnt loose things like my photos but lost my email. So when I tried to get back to hotmail - I get a black screen with a blue tab on the top with Hotmail and inbox on it - just cant get passed this black screen?? Any tips?

8. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information