[How Too] Mail.apk "unable to connect to server" - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mail.apk "unable to connect to server"

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    browngeek is on a distinguished road
    Level

Question Mail.apk "unable to connect to server"

Hi

Been using the mail app without any problems to connect to my work email using the following exchange address: webmail.[companyname].com, for the longest time.

Recently was having connection problems so decided to delete the account and restart.

This time when I try to set things up I get the following error: "Setup could not finish. Unable to connect to server".

Can I assume that my work has changed something, so I can't use the webmail server to connect to exchange?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Does the Mail program work when you are not trying to connect to the work server? ie. private mails

If you have the same problem when dealing with any mail then it's the Program. If the problem only occurs when you are trying to connect to the work server then it's a work related issue.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    browngeek is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tufftoad View Post
    Does the Mail program work when you are not trying to connect to the work server? ie. private mails

If you have the same problem when dealing with any mail then it's the Program. If the problem only occurs when you are trying to connect to the work server then it's a work related issue.
    Hi

Works with private email no problems.

I guess its a work related issue then and they must have changed something so I can no longer connect to the webmail server.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    nath198 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    My issue is that i can not sync my work email if I'm not on my work wifi. HELP

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by nath198 View Post
    My issue is that i can not sync my work email if I'm not on my work wifi. HELP
    Your problem is that your work may have restricted an outside connection. Have you approached your work place about the problem?

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    stevep is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Check your Exchange mailbox to see if you have any non-delivery reports or email receipts in there. Both of those can cause the problem you have reported. If you do have such items, delete the first one after the time of the last successful synchronisation, and then try to resynch. If you have more than one such item and it doesn't work after the first removal, try each one in turn.

There appears to be a problem between Samsung and the Exchange server protocols; sometimes receipts and NDRs are read ok by the phone, and sometimes not. The problem also affects attempts to re-enter your email credentials into the Galaxy email program.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by browngeek View Post
    Hi

Been using the mail app without any problems to connect to my work email using the following exchange address: webmail.[companyname].com, for the longest time.

Recently was having connection problems so decided to delete the account and restart.

This time when I try to set things up I get the following error: "Setup could not finish. Unable to connect to server".

Can I assume that my work has changed something, so I can't use the webmail server to connect to exchange?

Thanks!

8. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information