Samsung Galaxy S not turning on - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S not turning on

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Gng554 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Samsung Galaxy S not turning on

Hello there,

My brand new galaxy S is not turning on.
    The reason is the following:
    My phone was not reading Arabic messages so I searched the Internet on how to install Arabic language on it.
    I ended up on a site that had a tutorial about flashing the phone and having Arabic installed on the phone.

I followed every detail of the tutorial and download the required files. Then in the middle of the flashing procedure I noticed that it was taking too long so I clicked on cancel.
    And then my phone refused to power on!
    I went back to the website and saw that the rom that I was flashing my phone with is for SGSII and not SI.
    Is that the reason why it's not turning on anymore?
    My phone has a warranty but the company told me that they do not cover this type of malfunction and they said that the board of the phone is broken and to repair it I have to pay 220$.

Is it really a board issue or just software issue?
    Can the board get broken by installing the software of the SII on the SI?

Your help is appreciated.
    Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    If you can get into Download mode then all is not lost.

To get into Download mode do the following:

Power the phone of and wait till it vibrates.

Press and hold the following: Volume Down + home + Power, if you can get into download mode you can flash new firmware to it using odin. Head over to samMobile.com, register and then search for the correct firmware for your phone and country.
    Last edited by Richardj; 01-30-2012 at 06:45 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Gng554 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Nop can't get into download mode
    So I guess that's it for my galaxy...

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    Can you get into Recovery mode and do a wipe data/factory reset.

Recovery mode: Power phone off.
    Press and hold the following, volume up + home + power keys. Once in Recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset.

If you can't get into recovery mode, then you will have to contact Samsung and arrange for a repair to the phone.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 683
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Also put your phone on charge. My phone wasn't able to get into recovery or download mode because it thought the battery was low.
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information