Thread: Compatible batteries

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    carken is on a distinguished road
    Level

Compatible batteries

Hi. I'm a newbie to the Galaxy S2, had it just over a week now and I previously had a Galaxy Fit, my first Android phone. The S2 is so much nicer but it does use the battery quicker. I disable everything I don't need on and also turn off the data usage when it's just idle at home. I've read a lot of comments on here about higher capacity batteries and wondered if the ones sold on Ebay and Amazon are safe to use. I'd like to get a better one but I don't want to change the back of my phone, if possible.
    Can anyone tell me if they've had any experience of these cheap batteries and hopefully what size I can go up to and stay with the standard back? Also, my phone is white and I don't fancy having a black "hunchback" on it.
    Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964's Avatar
    Level
    Why not just buy a spare battery and battery charger? That's what I used to do. My battery would last the day and in the evening I would swap battery, more so if I was going out but more often than not I didn't need to change. I find my battery lasts the day and evening just fine, that's with normal use. Heavy use like tethering drains it so I put it on charge while tethered.

I always buy Samsung branded battery.

Alison

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    Hi Alison, thanks for replying

I've had a look around for a spare and charger and will most probably go down that route but I'm curious to know if these higher spec cheap batteries are safe to use without damaging the phone. I notice a lot of people on here talking about the ones with the modified back and I'd like to know their opinion of the standard size high capacity batteries that can be found on Ebay and Amazon.

Carol

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Standard size = standard power. You cant have something like 2000 mAh battery in the 1650 mAh case so I would be very reluctant to believe any of the claims for higher capacity. Samsung do their own 2000 mAh battery that comes with a new back cover (in black or white) and I can recommend it as it is what I use. As above, I would only use Samsung batteries. Why risk your phone for the sake of saving a few quid on a battery !!

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    Hi RichH, I didn't know Samsung did that, could I still use an after market case with it or would I have to buy one from Samsung?

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    It depends on "which" case.... Some fit whilst others don't. The silicon type will stretch over the new battery cover and the flip type cases are OK but the hard moulded ones don't fit.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information