Thanks to Chain Fire and DooMLoRD. Rooting the Note is very simple and quick
OK so you want to have root access and clock work rom on your new Galaxy Note? *This might void your warranty, so please make sure you want to really do this. We take no responsibility if something goes wrong or you can't return your Note for warrenty replacement or repair.
The easiest way by far is using Easy rooting toolkit (v1.0) created by DooMLoRD.
Download Easy Rooting Toolkit here
Step by Step guide:
- You need a Windows PC
- Make sure you install the ADB drives for your Note. Windows 7 will do this automaticlly and download the required drives.
- In your Note, set USB debugging on. In Setting / Applications ? Development / USB debugging.
- Extract the folder from the Easy Rooting Toolkit
- IN your settings menu of your Note Check your Baseband version in Settings, About Phone. It should be N7000XXLA1 for example.
- Download the correct CF-Root kernel (LA1 in this example) for your base band from HERE
- Extract and place the zImage from the CF-Root kernal you download above to the zImage folder inside the Easy Rooting ToolKit
- Run the not-rooted-yet.bat in the Easy Rooting Toolkit folder. Follow the onscreen instructions
Now after the phone reboots you'll have SU, CFW and Root access!!!