OK so I only just got hold of the Note this morning. It took me a good 6 weeks or so to finally decide to get one. Having concerns about its size was the reason I took so long to get one. This I think is the biggest issue users face when upgrading to a Note. And I say upgrading as its a step up from the SGS II in terms of screen and size. However I'm more of a user that uses gmail, GPS, internet and games. I would send more Whatsup messages and texts than making calls. And I often like to watch a movie or two now and then on my Phone. So its a good match for me, apart from getting use to the larger width of the unit.
OK down to my first impressions:
The Good and notable first impressions.
- Yes it huge! But the more you use it, the better it feels and makes my SGS II seem to small. It does fit in my pocket...
- The GPS Kicks the SGS II's chipset. Ten fold. Much much faster. Good work Samsung clocking it @ 1.4Ghz stock.
- Internet with the 800 x 1280 resolution is so much easier!
- The screen is better than expected. Ignore that talk about pen tile matrix is bad for a large HD screen. You dont notice it unless your eyes are 1cm from the screen.
- Its a big SGS II and larger brother that is a tag faster and larger. Same chip but clocked faster. Same look, camera and feel as a SGS II
- The S-Pen is nice, something I can see myself using not just a gimmick.
- The large bulk in my pocket Vs the SGS II
- S-Pen nib is not where it starts to draw. Infact its 2mm above this. Takes some getting use too. (More on this later!)
- The loud speaker seems a tad worse than the SGS II. Why is this? Different hardware?
- (This is the norm) Too much bloatware, can't wait too root this thing and remove the Samsung junk.
- The S-PEN button is too easy to push at times when writing. You have to look and make sure your fingers aren't close to the pen.
- NO way to calibrate the S-Pen? Not good....