Text Messaging problem - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Text Messaging problem

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered
    TJBaldy is on a distinguished road
    Level

Text Messaging problem

Searched these forums for a solution but didn't find anything. Also searched google, with the same result.

Since this morning, my text messages haven't been showing in the "chat window" at all. When I send messages they don't show up, and when people send me a message, it pops up as a notification, but again it doesn't appear in the chat window.

I'm also having an issue with the android market, it keeps saying I can't connect even though my internet is working fine? I wanted to download an anti-virus scanner which is how I found this out.

Has anyone had either of these problems or know how to fix it? Other than rebooting the phone that is...

Thanks, TJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered
    TJBaldy is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Right so I've played around with my phone a bit more and I've found a couple of things out...

Texts;
    My new texts are going to the bottom of the messages list rather than appearing at the top like they're supposed to. Can this be changed in the settings?

Network Problem;
    Quite a strange one! I can use the internet explorer on my phone using 3G or my wireless (although I keep getting certificate warnings on pretty much every site I go on).

But when I try to use apps on my phone or try and use the android market, this is when a problem occurs. It says on app's that I'm not connected to any network at all?!

If anyones got any advice, it would be appreciated

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    swibble is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I have missing text messages. In the 2 weeks I have had the phone, twice that I am aware of, I got a notification of receiving a text message but when I pull down the Status Bar, the message disappears and it isn't in my received text messages. I confirmed that the messages were actually sent. I think my phone might be defective. I am wondering if this is happening to other people with a Samsung Galaxy S II (GS2 I9100) phone.

Quote Originally Posted by TJBaldy View Post
    When I send messages they don't show up, and when people send me a message, it pops up as a notification, but again it doesn't appear in the chat window.

Thanks, TJ

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    peaquod is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Im not receiving all my messages either,people send them but sometimes i do not get them......S2 on t-mobile

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964 is a jewel in the rough hazi1964's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by peaquod View Post
    Im not receiving all my messages either,people send them but sometimes i do not get them......S2 on t-mobile
    Messages do sometimes get lost in the ether. It happens, thankfully not too much. That will be what your problem is probably.

As for the original posters problem, I'm afraid I can't help you there, no idea on that one, hope you manage to resolve it.

Alison

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    hey_kiddo is on a distinguished road
    Level
    hey, youve probably sorted this out by yourself now, but just in case someone else with the same problem comes across this thread, the problem is that the time and date is incorrect. my galaxy s had reset itself to the 1st of january 2005 for some reason, and as texts are sorted in chronological order the texts i was recieving were going to the bottom of the list all you have to do is sort the date and then the texts should start going to the right place again!

kirstie

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    deemarie is on a distinguished road
    Level
    HI, My samsung galaxy S has just started having this problem, I've had it 10mths. I get some msgs next morning after phone has been off O/N. My time setting is correct. I get a notification saying my database storage is getting low when it is not. Anyone out there got more suggestions on how to fix, without going factory reset. I love my mini Diary too much to lose it. (Anyone know how to save it to computer? - kies doesnt work for me [ prob bec Vista] need to use 'mass storage' option.

dee

9. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information