[SGS II] Stuck after Device Management update - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stuck after Device Management update

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    mscott is on a distinguished road
    Level

Stuck after Device Management update

Last night, my carrier pushed the Device management update to my SII. I accepted to install and since then the handset is stuck on a white background screen with "Software Update", a 0% status bar and "loading..." and thats all. This is been there since 4-5 hours now. It eventually drained the entire battery. When I charged it and powered it on, it still comes back to the "Software Update" screen.
    I tried to do a hard reset with both the volume button and the power button. It still comes back to the white screen.
    Is there any way to get this device to boot up or any way to get the data on the handset back?
    Attached Images  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    rlwickham is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Mine is doing the exact same thing. I have called T-Mobile and Samsung and nothing is working to fix it (not even able to do factory reset). Because there is coincidentally a crack in my screen, they said my warranty is void. I've only had the phone about 1 month. The crack has absolutely nothing to do with this issue though, since that happened 2 days after I got the phone (lucky me) and it has been working just fine until this dumb software update I attempted this morning. Mine has been on that white screen all day. I am most upset that we were just at Disney World for 5 days and I took a TON of pics with my phone, and now I am going to lose them all because my phone didn't come with an SD card!!!!!!!! If anybody knows how to fix this, or get my photos back, PLEASE let me know! The one thing I am able to do, while holding down power and up/down buttons (both) of volume, is get to the custom OS screen. Anybody know what would happen if I went through with that?

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    rlwickham is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Oh and if you haven't already, please call T-Mobile about this ASAP because they made it sound like they've never heard of this issue! I told the supervisor I was just speaking to on the phone about your post, to let her know others are definitely having this problem as well. btw Samsung will fix it, but they take 1-2 bus days to receive it, 1-2 days to repair, and 1-2 days to send back...T-mobile did offer me a loaner phone in the mean time, but I am very upset about the data/pics I mentioned above.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    mscott is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwickham View Post
    Oh and if you haven't already, please call T-Mobile about this ASAP because they made it sound like they've never heard of this issue! I told the supervisor I was just speaking to on the phone about your post, to let her know others are definitely having this problem as well. btw Samsung will fix it, but they take 1-2 bus days to receive it, 1-2 days to repair, and 1-2 days to send back...T-mobile did offer me a loaner phone in the mean time, but I am very upset about the data/pics I mentioned above.
    I already contacted them about the issue. they asked me to send it back. I wish there was some way to retrieve the data from the phone while its still with me.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 36
    ciancio is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I have the same issue. I have pictures i cant lose and wonder if there is any way to save them? I have been stuck on the same screen since yesterday.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ciancio View Post
    I have the same issue. I have pictures i cant lose and wonder if there is any way to save them? I have been stuck on the same screen since yesterday.
    You maybe lucky, as Flashing, doing a Factory Reset usually doesn't touch music, photos, videos on the phones SD (A micro SD should also be safe).
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

8. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information