Orange Signal Boost App - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Orange Signal Boost App

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class31 days registered
    sferg.410 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    i think i got it when i came out on here and i installed it using ODIN, it was the BarosanuXXL thread, he always posts the links when a new link comes out. I use ES File Explorer from the market to explore the phone files, cut and paste etc and always have a CWM backup.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points
    surferbum is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Hi
    I used "file expert" to copy the files to system folder. I tried ES file explorer but i could not get into system folder ??

So i copied all the files needed from the zip as mentioned earlier, I got signal boost but it wouldnt load the app.... all i got was "signal booster stopped " and it kept coming up with this frequently and i didnt press signal boost ??

I therefore just re-flashed the ICS XXLPH firmware and will hopefully find a way of getting signal boost hopefully soon !!

thanks again .....

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class31 days registered
    sferg.410 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    good luck with that

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Moxdeandroid is on a distinguished road
    Level
    OK, thought I'd chip in my two cents; S2 with Orange in the UK. Unbranded phone w/o signal boost running 4.0.3.

So I rooted my phone. No probs. Took a backup I tried doing the app install using CWM which failed with the status 0 error. I then tried copying the files over with root explorer which was sucsessful in that I got the files in place with the correct permissions. However after the reboot it was not recognising my sim card - it asked for it to be inserted. I saw the house icon which was red when it was there. Basically I reached for my back up and back to where I started but with a rooted phone.

I'm wondering if I can apply branded firmware as a way of resolving the lack of signal boost... I had spoken to orange previously who identified the lack of branding as being the issue.

comments/suggestions welcome

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman has a brilliant future greenman's Avatar
    Level
    Can you install Orange ICS then remove Orange crapware after rooting?
    Rather than rooting with insecure kernel ICS can use this method:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1501719
    Last edited by greenman; 05-06-2012 at 11:28 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to greenman For This Useful Post:

Moxdeandroid (05-07-2012)

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    smethrony is on a distinguished road
    Level
    I have watched your link and it is really very informative. Here the thread about an Orange Signal Boost App. Signal boost are available on large range of Orange Nokia, Blackberry and Android mobile phone. It has very simple setup but some time volume problem is generated with Orange signal boost app.
    gsm mobile booster improves the performance of any cellular device

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassTagger First Class7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Jejoma will become famous soon enough Jejoma will become famous soon enough Jejoma's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LloydB View Post
    I'm in the same boat jhj, unbranded Orange S2, with piss poor signal strength, I was in John Lewis few days ago, with zero signal, kept saying emergency calls only, trying to find out where my misses and kids were. She however had no such problems on her O2 iphone, have called them several times and always get told a transmitter is down in the area, never will I be with Orange again!!!
    A belated reply but Orange have has a lot of problems with their towers since merging with T-Mobile. In my area (North Herts.) calls to their help-line just say it's a known black hole and basically tough (If you go to the in-town Orange shop they neglect to mention this!).

Moral - don't use Orange

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Joey will become famous soon enough
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jejoma View Post
    A belated reply but Orange have has a lot of problems with their towers since merging with T-Mobile. In my area (North Herts.) calls to their help-line just say it's a known black hole and basically tough (If you go to the in-town Orange shop they neglect to mention this!).

Moral - don't use Orange
    Tmobile/Orange signal has always been terrible indoors, that's the problem with the 1800mhz band they use. Due to transmitter work in my area Tmobile let me leave my contract 6 months early without penalty, saved me 180 quid I'm now on giffgaff (o2) and my signal strength indoors is vastly superior to what it was before.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    ambrosjo is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Joey, Do you know where I can get a version of this zip for the LG Optimus 2X ? I'm desperate. I mean the orange signal boost zip.
    Last edited by ambrosjo; 09-11-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Joey will become famous soon enough
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ambrosjo View Post
    Joey, Do you know where I can get a version of this zip for the LG Optimus 2X ? I'm desperate. I mean the orange signal boost zip.
    No idea, personally i'd try the s2 version, just don't overwrite any of your existing files in case it doesn't work

13. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information