Thread: Orange Signal Boost App

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassTagger First Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    jhj410 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Orange Signal Boost App

Hi, does anyone know if i can get the Orange Signal Boost app anywhere for my unbranded Galaxy S2? I am on Orange, but it is not branded or sim-locked. I am also running firmware 2.3.6.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,017
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    Does the signal boost app not show up in the Android Market, I know some of Orange's apps do. Or you could have a look on the Orange website.

Found this link: http://business.orange.co.uk/home/sm...-solutions/uma. It doesn't list the Galaxy S or SII as working with UMA
    Last edited by Richardj; 12-20-2011 at 06:54 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Achievements:
    Level
    thanks for the reply but no i dont believe it is on the app market. from what i know it is part of the orange stock ROM. my S2 is unbranded on orange running the samsung stock rom. was just wondering if anyone had been able to extract it and make it available???

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj has much to be proud of Richardj's Avatar
    Level
    If you go to the link I provided, it lists the phones that can use UMA signal boost. The Galaxy S and SII are not in the list, so it's doubtful it will work.
    Samsung Galaxy SII GT-I9100. Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2, Rooted. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi, Jelly Bean 4.2.2. MoreFine S6 Pro, Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted with framaroot.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    LloydB is on a distinguished road LloydB's Avatar
    Level
    I'm in the same boat jhj, unbranded Orange S2, with piss poor signal strength, I was in John Lewis few days ago, with zero signal, kept saying emergency calls only, trying to find out where my misses and kids were. She however had no such problems on her O2 iphone, have called them several times and always get told a transmitter is down in the area, never will I be with Orange again!!!

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Joey will become famous soon enough
    Level
    Signal Boost will work on an unbranded S2, but only on the Orange network. I've attached a CWM flashable zip containing all you need. If you don't have CWM installed just open up the zip file and manually copy the files to where they need to be, obviously you'll need root access for this.

signalboost-signed.zip
    Last edited by Joey; 12-30-2011 at 04:59 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joey For This Useful Post:

bubblehead (09-12-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks a lot Joey, just one problem now, i am not a tech of any kind and i have no idea how to install it. Any chance of some instructions? my phone is rooted and running 2.3.6

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    You will need to Root your phone to be able to install the signalboost-signed.zip

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Joey will become famous soon enough
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jhj410 View Post
    Thanks a lot Joey, just one problem now, i am not a tech of any kind and i have no idea how to install it. Any chance of some instructions? my phone is rooted and running 2.3.6
    Well as it's rooted, you're half way there ! Install Rom Manager from the market place, if you're running a custom rom chances are you already have it installed, look for a CWM icon in your apps. Follow this guide for flashing a zip file

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to...y-on-galaxy-s/

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    jhj410 phone isn't rooted, that's why I posted saying he would need to root his phone.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information