Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Zefas is on a distinguished road
    Level

Software Installation

Hello Guys!

I just got one GALAXY SII as a gift from one supplier from China. The software is in chinese and since I am from Brasil, I would really like to install the portuguese version of the software into my GALAXY SII before I begin to install the apps from android market.

I already manage to set the language to english, but I still get some notifications which are in chinese. So I reaaly want to install the software from the "starting point" in portuguese (if it is not possible, can be in english too).

Can you guys help me out?

Thanks a lot!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    There's many threads on this forum regarding flashing a phone with new firmware. For the program and firmware go to SamMobile.com, they list firmware for most Samsung devices and list in region.

As a start I would use this link - Full Guide How to Debrand your Samsung Galaxy S2

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    Ok Tufftoad. I will take a look, and once I have any results I get back here to tell about it. Thank you for the quick reply!

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Also make sure you phone is an Samsung Galaxy S 2 I9100. Some SGS EyeEyes have slite differences and usually have a different number at the end. Just need to make sure you pick the right firmware to flash otherwise thing's could go bad.
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomed View Post
    Also make sure you phone is an Samsung Galaxy S 2 I9100. Some SGS EyeEyes have slite differences and usually have a different number at the end. Just need to make sure you pick the right firmware to flash otherwise thing's could go bad.
    Ok, I just checked and my phone is I9100DXKI1....so, what should I do?? Now I am a little worried.....can you help me?

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefas View Post
    Ok, I just checked and my phone is I9100DXKI1....so, what should I do?? Now I am a little worried.....can you help me?
    Just follow this:

Quote Originally Posted by Tufftoad View Post
    There's many threads on this forum regarding flashing a phone with new firmware. For the program and firmware go to SamMobile.com, they list firmware for most Samsung devices and list in region.
    You should be able to use the European firmware for the SGSII I9100. This will give you the language you want.

On a side note: Europe uses a standard set of radio frequencies, which may not be in use where you are. (Could also depend on your network).
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

8. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information